Menu

Anyone Used Laurel Springs?

I have been trying to narrow down where I am going to have my dd take classes for 9th grade next year. I have a really busy work schedule coming up next year so I need her to be enrolled with some accountability with teachers. I have looked at Oak Meadow, Keystone, K12, Laurel Springs, and a few others. I don't see any samples on Laurel Springs website. For anyone that has enrolled in their correspondence courses for high school, can you give me an idea of what the course guides are like? Are they easy to follow? What kind of assignments are there and are they submitted online or through the mail? Just want to get a feel for how they compare to Oak Meadow which I am strongly leaning towards at this point.

I am considering them for my 14 year old. One of the teachers at the charter school we currently homeschool through knows quite a few of the teachers at Laurel Springs personally and has herself had her children there though that was several years ago. Her reports were quite positive but since LS is just up the road from us I thought about stopping by and talk to them in person (when I have time).

• 1 year later...
Guest lgantala

I am considering them for my 6th grade son - gifted and talented academy. I would appreciate any feedback - positive and negative - from students and parents, if possible recent experiences. Thanks much.

We looked at Laurel Springs, but ended up choosing Florida Virtual School.  I've been really impressed with the 2 classes my son has done so far through them.   There are a couple classes that I want for my son that they don't have, but if you weren't picky like them, you could get every class you need from there.