Menu

Ford Escape or Chevy Equinox?

Just Another Jen

Have you taken either of these cars on a test drive? That's the best way to make a decision. We test drove both and chose a Dodge Journey ;).

Load up your family and go somewhere with a "car dealer row". Spend the day test driving every car that interests you in your price range and then go have dinner and talk about it.

We have rented both for a week at a time. My ocd husband can't choose based n a 10 minute test drive. :)

I was leaning toward the escape- the kids say the back seat was more comfortable in that one.

We haven't tried the dodge- cause enterprise doesn't rent it, but I will go take a look at it.- Thanks!

I choose my vehicles based on safety first, then gas milage. Maybe you can narrow it based on a set of standards similar to this. I purchased an Impala a few years ago mainly because of the safety. We were hit a few years later when a driver ran a stop sign, and hit my side of the car with the entire family in the car. His his brand new car was a complete loss, he had it for three days. Our car had about $5,000 in damage. We are still driving it.

I noticed there was a difference in the safety ratings from last years model and this year, so if you are buying used or a program car you might want to keep that in mind. I was looking at the SUV's last fall.

I have an Escape. I love driving it. If you have more than 2 kids in the backseat at one time, it will be a very tight fit in the backseat. The only downside I've noticed is that the back seats don't lean back very far. We also have a Honda Element, and our kids love taking road trips in that car because the back seats lean all the way back. Sorry, I've never driven and Equinox.

Ford did not take government bail-out money, if that is important to you. We nearly bought a Flex, and though we ended up with something else, my husband still wishes we had gone with the Flex on principle. It would have been a great car for us, and I honestly do not remember why we did not buy it.

Terri