Menu

How can I watch an iTunes video on my TV?

Alessandra

I understand from iTunes that I cannot burn a dvd that would play. I don't want to watch videos (together with family) on an iPad or computer. Is there any I could get the video to my TV? I have a Roku, but not an Apple TV.

I'm not ruling out an Apple TV, but I'd need to have more reasons than watching one video.

Do you have a cable that you can connect your computer to the TV? If you have the cable and your TV is near enough than you can just pipe the computer display to the TV instead.

:iagree: This is how we watched the last season of Doctor Who that we bought through iTunes.

Do you have a cable that you can connect your computer to the TV? If you have the cable and your TV is near enough than you can just pipe the computer display to the TV instead.

Oh, really? I have a Macbook that we could put near the TV, and I have all kinds of cables.

Do you happen to know -- if you have an Apple TV, can you get videos that you have purchased from it via the cloud? I am thinking that, if I stored a lot? a few? videos on the Macbook, it could run out of disk space pretty fast, wouldn't it?

Do you happen to know -- if you have an Apple TV, can you get videos that you have purchased from it via the cloud? I am thinking that, if I stored a lot? a few? videos on the Macbook, it could run out of disk space pretty fast, wouldn't it?

With an Apple TV device you have access to all the movies/music/TV shows that you have purchased.

The Dr Who Christmas ep is 59mins long and is 1.92GB. That is the longest video I've downloaded.

So full length movies could be approx 2-3 GB. Twenty movies maybe 40-50 GB. My macbook has 500 GB, so that would be OK.

With an Apple TV device you have access to all the movies/music/TV shows that you have purchased.

Wow, that is SO tempting. I love the convenience. Only thing is that I am not sure I'll be buying that many videos. But I would love to use Airplay from my iPad. Seriously tempted....

You all have given me a lot to think about, but for now I'll just use the cables.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought an Apple TV with some Christmas money recently and I love it! I usually watch Downton Abbey and other PBS shows, current NBC shows, and other videos on those networks' iPad apps. I can now watch them on my TV.

Really? Do you have to use Airplay from the iPad or can you stream them straight to the Apple TV? I watch Downton either on computer or iPad via PBS site/app. I sometimes watch Hulu (as opposed to Hulu Plus) on the computer; only Plus works on iPad. Roku gets Hulu Plus, but can you watch regular, free Hulu on an Apple TV?

BTW, don't research this, lol, but if you happen to know....

Really? Do you have to use Airplay from the iPad or can you stream them straight to the Apple TV? I watch Downton either on computer or iPad via PBS site/app. I sometimes watch Hulu (as opposed to Hulu Plus) on the computer; only Plus works on iPad. Roku gets Hulu Plus, but can you watch regular, free Hulu on an Apple TV?

BTW, don't research this, lol, but if you happen to know....

Not sure about Hulu, since it doesn't work on an iPad and that's what I use with Apple TV, but the PBS app goes through AirPlay, as do YouTube, Netflix, etc. You can also use Mirroring to display what's on your iPad on the TV.