Menu

iStudiez App free today

Downloading now... For those who already use it, what are your favorite tips for making it work in a homeschool?

Thanks for posting the link to the app. I'm also curious how others use it in homeschooling. Do your kids find it helpful for tracking their courses or do you use it as the teacher for planning, or both?

Downloading now... For those who already use it, what are your favorite tips for making it work in a homeschool?

My ds who is in ps uses it. But what I like best -- and I think this would apply to hs too -- is that it works over multi platforms/devices. I can download an assignment for him on my iPad or desktop; then he can use a laptop to check off what he has done; works on the iPhone too.

I also like that it is very customizable. You can have schedules that have a and b days, all kinds of strange schedules. There is plenty of space for a description of an assignment. Plus, it has a nice, clean, easy to read design.

So if i want to use this with my ds, should he download it to his ipod touch, and me to my ipad? Or should i do it from my main computer? Just trying to figure this out.

There is one iStudiez for mobile -- it can be installed in iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch (I only have the first two.) I got it from the iTunes store.

There is another app for computers. (We have it on two computers.) I have a Mac and got it from the Mac App store.

You have to buy one mobile and one computer app to cover all your devices. Everything connects via cloud computing, You set up an account with an existing email address and an iStudiez password.

BTW, iStudiez is designed for one student, but I am pretty sure you can set up the computer version for multiple students by registering with different emails. (We did this once by mistake.) The computer version has a log in/log out option that you could use to switch accounts. I have not seen that option on the mobile version, so if 2 dc share one iPad, that would, I think, be problematic.

ETA The same company also publishes iTeacherBook.

http://iteacherbook.com

I downloaded it to my phone and would love to hear from anyone who has been able to download the desktop PC version----where did you find it and how much was it? Is there a way to do repeating assignments in the mobile version or do I have to type in each day's "do 30 min of Spanish practice" for it to show up?

I've got one week's worth of assignments in. Now to see if I can make it work on and sync with daughter's ipod touch or not. :)

I downloaded it to my phone and would love to hear from anyone who has been able to download the desktop PC version----where did you find it and how much was it? Is there a way to do repeating assignments in the mobile version or do I have to type in each day's "do 30 min of Spanish practice" for it to show up?

I've got one week's worth of assignments in. Now to see if I can make it work on and sync with daughter's ipod touch or not. :)

It looks as though it is for Macs, not PCs.

http://istudentpro.com

It looks as though it is for Macs, not PCs.

http://istudentpro.com

Oh, well, it was worth a shot. I guess I'll see how aggravating it is to have to input the information on my phone to see if it's worthwhile longterm. Maybe one of these years we'll actually be able to afford an ipad. I did get it to sync to my daughter's ipod touch with little problem.