Menu

Vibram toe shoes?

Bensmom

My dh and ds love their new vibram five finger toe shoes. Since I love to be barefoot, dh thought I'd love them too. We are in a small town and the shoe store was out of my size, so dh ordered me a pair. They just arrived. They feel terrible. I think my left foot must be a bigger size because it seems too snug, but both feet feel uncomfortable. If you have vibrams was it love at first sight or did you have to grow into liking them? Will they get more comfortable with time? Do they stretch?

They do stretch a little bit, but not a huge amount. You probably need a different size, or maybe they just won't work for you at all.

You should buy for the larger foot, unless there's a huge difference in size, and then they just may not work at all. Some people's toes just don't fit well into them.

Guest inoubliable

I've heard that some people take a while to get used to them. I can't wear the Vibram's - latex allergy. I love my Vivo barefoot running shoes, though. No toe separation to get used to there. :)

I have 5 pair of VFF, they're all I wear - haven't worn any other type of shoe for over 3 years. I'd love to tell you that you'll get used to them, but some people just can't wear them. My very first pair took me a couple weeks to get used to - the fabric felt like it was constantly scratchy around my toes, and was extremely irritating whenever I walked around. After about a week, the fabric settled, and that is now, by far, my favorite pair (KMD Sport). Neither of my brothers can wear them because of Morton's Toe. Those types of issues can't be worked around, unfortunately. Merrell also makes a barefoot type shoe with the soles made by Vibram. They're pretty comfortable, though, they're ever so slightly thicker than the soles they put on the Five Fingers - that was what I started out with. As a fan, I hope they work out for you!

I've heard that some people take a while to get used to them. I can't wear the Vibram's - latex allergy. I love my Vivo barefoot running shoes, though. No toe separation to get used to there. :)

Interesting. I'm allergic to latex and mine don't bother me at all.

I've had mine for a couple of years and they always feel weird when I put them on. After a little while, or maybe a quarter mile into a run, I can't feel them at all any more. It's like they just melt into my feet. I only wear them in warm weather, though.

They are almost all I wear. For me, it was love at first wear. I even had my toes slide right into the toe holders when I first tried them on. The salesman said he had never seen that happen before with a first time user. They are the awesomest! But, some people cannot wear them. Dh's toes will not go in them no matter what he does. I think most people have to wear them a while before they are comfortable in them. I think a toe shoe being too small would be excruciatingly uncomfortable. Too large isn't a whole lot of a problem. you just tighten up the velcro and it cinches in the heel a good bit.