Menu

"PoP! Goes My Heart" ~ perfect timing for this YouTube

I've never gotten around to watching Music & Lyrics (Drew Barrymore, Hugh Grant), but a good friend just emailed me this YouTube of the faux music video from the movie. How did she know the 80s music scene was on my mind? This is spot on.:D

Ooops...I was so distracted thinking of Donna and her chocolate ice cream dinner, I forgot the link earlier, LOL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0A7dtdc-nU

I've never gotten around to watching Music & Lyrics (Drew Barrymore, Hugh Grant), but a good friend just emailed me this YouTube of the faux music video from the movie. How did she know the 80s music scene was on my mind? This is spot on.:D

Do you have a link, my dear??

I laughed so hard I cried the first time I saw that music video. I remember putting in that movie and thinking, "if the rest of this movie sucks it is okay because that video is worth the cost of the rental!" Actually I don't remember much about the movie itself...oh well.

Ahhh. The 80s......

Ooops...I was so distracted thinking of Donna and her chocolate ice cream dinner, I forgot the link earlier, LOL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0A7dtdc-nU

This movie was actually pretty funny. Take into consideration that I am huge Hugh Grant fan before viewing it, however.;) Nothing can top Two Weeks Notice for hilarity but M&L was funny, too.

This movie was actually pretty funny. Take into consideration that I am huge Hugh Grant fan before viewing it, however.;) Nothing can top Two Weeks Notice for hilarity but M&L was funny, too.

I thought the movie was good too. I'm not such a big Hugh Grant fan, but I love Drew Barrymore!

It's all your fault for talking about chocolate ice cream.:tongue_smilie: That'll be later. My glass o' wine is calling to me in twelve minutes.

Ah, see, dh cannot drink. And with the bad news he got today (he's on the phone with his friend's mom as we speak), me having my glass of wine would cause him to stumble. Chocolate ice cream, on the other hand, would not. It would cause ME to stumble when I start running again on Monday! But that's another thread...off to watch your link.

I watched that movie (Riding in Cars w/ Boys) on a whim ~ just happened to pick it up at the library. Didn't know the first thing about it and didn't expect much. I loved it and have watched it at least a couple of more times since. I thought she was absolutely fabulous in that.

Unfortunately that was the best part of the movie! Don't they remind you of Wham!?

-------------

Like Wham! because of the whole Andrew Ridgely/George Michael thing as in Wake Me Up Before You Go Go and then how George Michael's solo career took off and Andrew Ridgely became "that other guy from Wham!".

The movie song also reminds me a little of Pop Goes the World.

There are other influences there I can't think of. They sure did a good job making a fake 80s video!

-------------------

BTW, I am NOT a Hugh Grant fan, so perhaps that explains why I didn't like it:D The only movies I've liked him in was Love Actually and whichever Jane Austen flick he was in. Otherwise I can barely stand him.

Hugh Grant is one of those guys that I don't wanna like ~ seems like a player, kinda shallow, too popular ~ the whole deal. But I've liked him in the handful of his movies I've seen. I thoroughly enjoyed About a Boy ~ in part due to Toni Colette, of course. And he works in Sense & Sensibility, too.

I watched that movie (Riding in Cars w/ Boys) on a whim ~ just happened to pick it up at the library. Didn't know the first thing about it and didn't expect much. I loved it and have watched it at least a couple of more times since. I thought she was absolutely fabulous in that.

My faves that she's been in are 50 first Dates, Ever After, and The Wedding Singer. "You spin me right round baby, right round. Like a record spinning right round, round, round..."

I was so in the mood for some light fare, we sat down and watched this last night. I will never tire of that video. The movie didn't send me into fits of laughter by any means ~ and I really could have done without Cora's over-the-top orgasmic moves ~ but it was fun. I liked Hugh and Drew together.:)

I have just christened our new laptop power cord by plugging up to watch your link. We've been w/o a wireless connection (by default because we've been without our laptop b/c we've been w/o a power cord -- sheesh!) for weeks now. What a great way to reintroduce myself to the wonders of the internet! :D

I am curious, though, which part it is that makes you laugh most. Is it the interspersing of the hip thrust and butt wiggle? Is it the dorky outfits? Is it the doctor boogying down with the IV bags? OMG...too funny! :lol:

I have to say that I really liked this movie. I read somewhere that they worked and worked and worked with Hugh Grant to perfect his dance moves-- not that these are exactly complicated moves. It seems he's not much of a dancer.

I agree with Colleen's take on Hugh Grant. I don't want to like him but I do. Except in that Julia Roberts movie "Notting Hill". ugh. I've seen almost every movie he's ever made from "Maurice" to "Bridget Jones" and he's really quite good at being that cute, loveable, British guy.

thanks for the link and the laugh!

Margaret