Menu

Ancient History Recs for DD who did SL World History in early Logic/Dialectic

melmichigan

Oldest DD did all but three books of SL World History Cores (old Cores 6 and 7) as part of her early middle school rotation. Looking at TOG, History Odyssey, WP, etc., most of the Logic or Dialectic stage books have already been covered. This is also the year that she will pull from frequently and reread books, some I think she's read three or four times. Does anyone have any other recommendations for Ancient History for this level? I'm a little hesitant to move to Rhetoric yet since we will be calling this 8th grade, maybe I shouldn't be and just plan to leave 12th grade open to AP? I'm also trying to decide if I should go the same route with DD's who will be going into 5th grade beginning Ancients next year.

The World in Ancient Times set put out by Oxford University Press is very good. http://www.amazon.com/World-Ancient-Times-Set/dp/0195222423

But cough, cough, sputter on the price. I paid significantly less. You could see if your library carries them or purchase individual volumes though, if you wanted to use it. If you do a search on the logic board, you will find lots of discussion about it.