Menu

Aaaaack! I need de-cluttering help!

KrissiK

What do you do with this stuff?

8th grade graduation dress (my mom made it)

3 crystal candle sticks

Decorator items I'm not using now

Jesse tree Christmas banner I made several years ago, it's nice, but we haven't used it yet

I just have all this various and sundry items that are cluttering up my life but I just don't know what to do with. I don't really want them, but..... Can't quite get rid of them.

Everything to Goodwill, unless you think your mom will be hurt by giving the dress away. Those candlesticks could be worth something. Does your church have a fundraising sale where members bring in items to donate?

I don't think they were terribly expensive candlesticks, though it does say "crystal" on them. But what do I know? Maybe I'll take the out of the box. Yes, our church does have a yard sale in the spring, but I'm not sure how much $ they'd fetch there.

Putting things in black trashbags in a safe storage location (shop/garage) is a big help. In six months, pull out the bags, look in them, realize you don't need the stuff, and get rid of it. : )

...easier said than done, right? lol! This trick works for me when I have things I don't need or even really want, but can't let go of. It is like a trick on myself...I put bunches of stuff in bags or totes, all the while telling myself they will be in the shop until I need them again. So it isn't like I am getting rid of them, kwim? And when a period of time has gone by, it is RARE that I will even remember what I put in there to begin with. So it is much, much easier to get rid of.

((hugs))