Menu

Question for those who have used Lightning Literature ...

Melissa B

I didn't realize Hewitt Publishing was a Christian Publisher.

I just read their statement of faith. The first sentence states that they maintain a Christian perspective in all research and curriculum.

So, how much Christian perspective is in the Lightning Literature guides? I didn't notice anything in the sample of LL7. Are the written assignments and discussion questions more focused on a Christian worldview? I noticed Hewitt uses Apologia, Abeka and a couple of history writers I would consider to have a very Christian-view for their other subjects. Is Lightning Literature similar?

I can only remember 1 or 2 statements in passing in one of the student guides that refer to faith or Christianity, and it is within the context of what was being discussed, as I recall.

From what I have read, the only LL that is overtly Christian is the high school guide: "Christian British Authors of the Late 19th - Early 20th Centuries", which specifically discusses those authors' Christian faith and the Christian worldview in their writings.

We found LL7 and LL8 to be very enjoyable -- in fact, I'll be doing LL8 again this year with younger son in 9th grade, and am looking forward to it. : ) Enjoy! Warmest regards, Lori D.