Menu

Help Me Think Positive.

Χά�ων

Generally I do OK. I even managed to hold my head up through a very stressful time but I am wearing down and need help remembering that the good out weighs the bad.

I have:

DS is stable health wise and doing really with his education.

I am healthy

We are debit free and I can walk away from all external stressors at ay time even if DS would be crushed but they do not own us or our time and money.

I have food to eat.

I have reliable transportation.

I have strong family support.

I keep repeating this but I need more.

I don't mean to sound gloomy, but could you be depressed? A talk with your doctor might set you along the right path.

Another thought was whether or not you have support other than the excellent support provided by your family? While it is a wonderful blessing to have a supportive family it doesn't necessarily fulfil all our needs for closeness and companionship.

I'm sorry, I don't know much about your situation, so I may be way off with my suggestions, they were just what immediately struck me, lacking any other information.

I'm sorry you're struggling.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I am reading The Happiness Project. I find reading inspirational stuff like that helps me through gloomy periods where I know my perspective is off but I can't FEEL the way I ought to. It's giving me a lot of good ideas. Also, I think things like reading funny books that make me laugh, watching silly tv shows, listening to oldies or whatever music energizes you, that sort of thing, really helps get through rough spots. You have to let yourself be light hearted and sometimes it's hard to do that when your mindset just isn't there. So I know I have to deliberately include something like that into my life. And the other thing is don't overthink everything! Don't brood. If you find yourself brooding do something else! Like the above mentioned light hearted stuff!

Good luck to you. I'll include you in my prayers.

Generally I do OK. I even managed to hold my head up through a very stressful time but I am wearing down and need help remembering that the good out weighs the bad.

I have:

DS is stable health wise and doing really with his education.

I am healthy

We are debit free and I can walk away from all external stressors at ay time even if DS would be crushed but they do not own us or our time and money.

I have food to eat.

I have reliable transportation.

I have strong family support.

I keep repeating this but I need more.

Assuming no immediate mental health issues...

I have come to believe that I must choose to be happy -- every day, sometimes every hour. There is a lot of good in my life. I choose to focus on that. After a while, the choice becomes a habit and the habit becomes the norm.

Depression occurred to me and I did go see my doctor. This is anxiety in me and all situational and related to a recent truamatic event. I have anxiety medication to help me cope. I took it once several weeks ago and it seemed to help me a lot. It stopped the anxiety and I was able to calm down enough to relax and get my head on and I hadn't had a problem until a week ago. I will try another one tonight and see if that helps me clear my head. I do not struggle with anxiety so this is all new to me.

I don't mean to sound gloomy, but could you be depressed? A talk with your doctor might set you along the right path.

Another thought was whether or not you have support other than the excellent support provided by your family? While it is a wonderful blessing to have a supportive family it doesn't necessarily fulfil all our needs for closeness and companionship.

I'm sorry, I don't know much about your situation, so I may be way off with my suggestions, they were just what immediately struck me, lacking any other information.

I'm sorry you're struggling.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Depression occurred to me and I did go see my doctor. This is anxiety in me and all situational and related to a recent truamatic event. I have anxiety medication to help me cope. I took it once several weeks ago and it seemed to help me a lot. It stopped the anxiety and I was able to calm down enough to relax and get my head on and I hadn't had a problem until a week ago. I will try another one tonight and see if that helps me clear my head. I do not struggle with anxiety so this is all new to me.

:grouphug: Be kind to yourself and take whatever you need to get you through this difficult phase in life.

Your positive thoughts were wonderful, but if they're not working, then try something else.

Time does heal, and this too shall pass.

I do believe that it's a particularly difficult time of year to be struggling with anxiety and depression; I know from past experience. In just a few weeks time the days will become brighter and hopefully this dark time will be behind you.

I'll be thinking of you and wishing the very best for you.

:grouphug:

If you are a spiritually oriented person, prayer can be a very powerful tool for positive thinking. Otherwise, there are lots of books that can help. If you've recently been through something major, it might help to talk to others, either online or in a support group who have been through similar things. I used to think support groups were ridiculous, but I've been going to one for families of alcoholics for several years now and it has really made a difference in my life. I have some issues with anxiety like you do.

Good Luck to you and lots of hugs.