Menu

Where to purchase life insurance?

caitlinsmom

I cancelled 2 of our life insurance plans last week for a few different reasons. We still have 2 (one on each of us) through our insurance agent. We would like to replace the two cancelled with higher amounts and as term policies. Our agent is a nightmare to get in touch with so we will be looking elsewhere.

What company would you recommend for a simple term life policy? We are fine with medical checks if it is required.

I don't know if you will get the best deal with them, but we have used State Farm for decades (parents and grandparents did). They are absolutely lovely to work with. I would at least give them a call. We have life insurance through our credit union. The price was right, but I have no idea what the experience would be like if we had to collect that insurance (hopefully we won't find out).

If you are a Dave Ramsey fan, you might want to try Zander Insurance. They will take a bit of info from you and get quotes from several insurance companies. If you don't want to go that route, I think I would try to find a local agent or somewhere else online to get quotes from (rather than a particular insurance company).

We have one with ING and another with Banner Life. We got to them through a representative of many type places. It's a well known one but I can't possibly remember the name right now, for some reason. :) They matched up these different companies based on best offers and matches to needs, so that was great. Also the nurse came to our house to take care of the medical stuff. Easy (well, except for the blood drawn :) ).