Menu

Teachers Lounge 12-19-12

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Wednesday!

In the Lounge today we are brainstorming ideas for a name change.

This will still be a place for teachers and parents, but not kids, can come hang out,

vent, chat, etc. We just need a name update. :) Any suggestions?

What's on your food menu today? Breakfast is Lil' Smokies and hashbrowns here.

Lunch may include fresh baked GF bread, since I just received my supply of

GF mixes this morning. 8) Dinner, . . . dinner . . . good question!

I finally accomplished some good studying yesterday afternoon at the local

Barnes & Noble. Jean, I completely understand what you mean about the

background noise you're not tuned into!

Today I will be studying in the morning, after breakfast, and at home

since both kids are down with some sort of virus. :^( We won't totally take off from

school, though, since they can still read. Is that harsh? I don't think so because

I know if I didn't give them something to read, they'd pick up a book to read anyway.

Therefore I figure they can at least read out of their school books first! (I'm talking about

living books here, not textbooks.)

What's going on at your house today?

Talk to me! :coolgleamA:

Good morning!

Breakfast is our big meal here - 4 oz. green smoothie, 2 eggs, 1 slice Dave's Killer spelt bread

Lunch will be some form of salad and protein, but if you weren't expecting that then you haven't been paying attention!

Dinner? I have to fix dinner too?

I'm glad that you got studying done at B & N. That would be a hard place for me to study - not because of the noise but because I would want to go look at all the books!

I think that one of the beauties of homeschooling is that on mildly sick days they can still feed their brain.

Today is more cookie baking.

I think there should be a limit to how much thinking moms are required to do in one day!

Why does anyone think we can even comprehend what dinner is by the end of the day?

Yes, Jean, they expect us to fix dinner, too. Can you believe that??

(OT: not thrilled with the new smilie selection. Especially since it doesn't seem to be

working today. Anyone else having issues with it?)

We have a blizzard warning for tonight/tomorrow. I want to make cinnamon rolls for tomorrow morning. AND.....i really must get a start on all this cleaning. We leave town on Friday night and won't be back until late Monday night - we have family coming Tuesday morning! AHH! I have to have all the wrapping & cleaning done by Friday afternoon. Along with packing for 5 for 3 days. I suppose I shouldn't be sitting here on the couch, huh?

We are on break for Christmas. I have no idea what I'm doing today other than keeping children fed and clean :bored:

I need to go buy stamps somewhere so we can mail the rest of our Christmas cards. DH needs to fax some papers in. We need to fill out some paper work that he got about benefits at work. I need to clean the kitchen and prepare for our anniversary and Christmas (tree not up yet, presents not wrapped, some not even bought). I also need to crochet three more headbands for a commission I took. Why, oh why did I take this commission?

Good Morning

It is snowy and blowy today. Little one is still sick, and I jsut finished the hard part of my day - now I just need to make it through the long part.

Food today - I had my greek yogurt with berries, flax and coconut. Lunch for me will be pb&apples. Dinner will be Chicken Piccata my by ds. I love having him home - he's a terrific cook. It was well worth my time to teach him because having someone young and enthusiastic about cooking makes a huge difference in what we eat.

My progression for sick kids is when they're young they get to hang out on the couch and watch videos or read and get pampered. By middle school, they get to do moderate work. By high school, they do as close to a full load as possible with tylenol and cold medicine. This all in preparation for college when they know they have to take tylenol and head out in a tsnuami to get to class as long as they can possibly make it if class hasn't been canceled. (ds had to do this very thing a couple of years ago. real life doesn't care if you have a cold.)

Yeah, Karen, life sucks when you're sick, doesn't it? I did make my kids read some Scripture and then their literature assignments.

However, I have told them before that I want to be there for them as much as possible when they're sick because sometimes,

even as an adult, I want my mom around when I'm sick! But she lives 1800 miles away.

While they were both snoozing this afternoon, I attempted to go mail packages. After three different stops and no success I came home,

wishing I'd just stayed home and used the blessed quiet in the house to concentrate on some of my own homework!

Now relaxing just a bit before I attempt to tackle my kitchen counter to prove to my husband there IS space for a KitchenAid mixer!

Name Change: Pause for Parents, A Moment for Me

Menu: My parents left today going back home so they took us all out to Denny's for breakfast. Nobody was hungry for lunch. Dinner is Baked Chicken Chimichangas and salad.

Plans: Schooling today and working more on planning our world geography study that starts in January.