Menu

Still having a hard time finding updates to threads I follow

Storm Bay

It was so much easier before when we could go to our control panel and find every thread we follow that had an update there. This one drives me bananas, and it doesn't always show up in the same place if at all. The notifications window just mixes all status updates with some posts a la Facebook but without a page where you can find it by thread title, nicely bolded.

Also, sometimes something will show up bolded and there are no new updates since I read it last.

It was so much easier before when we could go to our control panel and find every thread we follow that had an update there. This one drives me bananas, and it doesn't always show up in the same place if at all. The notifications window just mixes all status updates with some posts a la Facebook but without a page where you can find it by thread title, nicely bolded.

Also, sometimes something will show up bolded and there are no new updates since I read it last.

I click on my name at the top right of the screen, then choose 'my content' and it shows me every thread I'm following. It seems like almost the exact same way I kept up with threads on the old board.....??

There does seem to be a problem in that you have to re-click to follow any threads IF you post on them. If you're just reading they will stay followed.

As for notifications, all the blue writing in the notifications list is clickable. If I want to re-read what I wrote that somebody quoted or liked, I click directly from the notification list to open each in a new window.

So far I haven't experienced there not being new content on bolded titles.

My settings are to automatically follow a thread I reply to, with immediate notification. I just replied to a thread (once) in the Chat forum and wasn't automatically subscribed.

The most frustrating part is when I am following a thread, respond, and am unknowingly unsubscribed.

I hate to get technical, but something is gunked up. :tongue_smilie:

I click on my name at the top right of the screen, then choose 'my content' and it shows me every thread I'm following. It seems like almost the exact same way I kept up with threads on the old board.....??

That's what I thought, but it hasn't been working consistently for me here the way it used to..

There does seem to be a problem in that you have to re-click to follow any threads IF you post on them. If you're just reading they will stay followed. As for notifications, all the blue writing in the notifications list is clickable. If I want to re-read what I wrote that somebody quoted or liked, I click directly from the notification list to open each in a new window. So far I haven't experienced there not being new content on bolded titles.

Arrrgh--so that's the problem???? Why can't we stay subscribed if we post like we used to be able to??? :banghead:

My settings are to automatically follow a thread I reply to, with immediate notification. I just replied to a thread (once) in the Chat forum and wasn't automatically subscribed. The most frustrating part is when I am following a thread, respond, and am unknowingly unsubscribed. I hate to get technical, but something is gunked up. :tongue_smilie:

So am I, but it hasn't been working consistently.