Menu

What to make?

MomtoCandJ

I have some flannel fabric (about a yard of pink and maybe a half yard of a pink print) and some felt sheets that are about the size of a sheet of paper. What can I hand sew or make for dd (4)? I have some pillow type stuffing too. Don't have money to buy anything else (have some wide elestic and have undies I can use elestic from).

Is she interested in learing to sew? I ask, because my daughter loves to hand sew, so I took scraps like that and made a sewing kit for her for Christmas. Some of the heavier materials can be cut into cute shapes to be sewn into tiny pillows and things like that.

No sewing machine and she has a bean bag game that I made last year. I was may be thinking Pjs for her and her doll but my printer is out of ink :(

I don't think you'll be able to squeeze out pjs for both with a yard and a half of fabric. Maybe doll pjs, doll slippers out of the felt (you could do bunny slippers, maybe), a doll blanket and pillow, and maybe some other doll accessories with the felt. You could make a little teddy bear or a little purse/bag.

Any with instructions for pj pants? and pattern

If this is for an 18" doll, PM me your address. I have lots of doll clothes patterns. I can send you some -- just let me look around. I might be able to send some fabric too (I'm a fabric-hoarder). I'm probably heading to the post office early next week to ship out some packages anyway.

Edited to add: I think I also have a pj pattern that's all cut out that I used for my kids, but they've since outgrown it. I want to say it's for size 6 pjs. Again, I'll have to look. I may have gotten rid of that when I was cleaning things out.

This lady has a free pattern for a doll on her page. You can use whatever colours you have on hand and I have bought several of her other patterns she sells and they have all been easy and turned out great. The link is here, http://dollydonations.blogspot.ca/2010/01/dolly-donations-rag-dolly-tutorial-free.html

you can just print out the 3 pattern pages and leave the instructions so you can read via pdf on the computer.