Menu

Hulu plus ?

Murphy101

Those of you who pay for this service, does it still have commercials when you are paying?

We started a 2 week free full service trial, but it still has commercials. I REALLY hate commercials bc unlike tv shows, you never know what rating the commercials should be given. And the interruption is annoying of course.

Tia for answering.

Guest inoubliable

Yep. Which is why we dropped it a while back. More documentaries and older stuff on Netflix anyway. Amazon Prime gives a nice little extra, since some of their streaming videos are free when you're a member. And, with regular Hulu, you can still catch the last 5 episodes of most current shows.

Yes, and they have gotten longer. There used to be only a couple of commercials and anywhere from 45-60 seconds. Now there are more commercial breaks and they last longer up to 90 seconds. It's nowhere near as long as regular TV but they are still irritating. Since we do have to watch commercials I do like that they let you click what is 'relevant' to you and tailor the ads to your taste. We pretty much only see Geico, HEB(grocery store) and I think a phone commercial. They are the least annoying to us :)

Does it get any of the BBC shows? Dr who, Downton, Sherlock ?

What about Walking Dead? Sky fall?

NONE of those are coming up and those are the shows we are interested in.

So far the only thing I'm watching on it is Once Upon a Time. It does play better than the horrid glitchy ABC app on iPad. And is cheaper than paying $1-3 per episode on amazon streaming. But the commercials are the most annoying thing about the ABC app. Might as well stay with that if paying more doesn't get me any better.

We never watch via computer. We use the Roku. Even when we "use" the computer, we connect it to the tv tI watch on the big screen.

We haven amazon prime account, but almost never use it. The free stuff is so old and I refuse to pay the price of the new stuff. If I want to spend that kind of money to watch a show, I'll just buy the season DVD. I have exactly 2 shows we have ever liked enough to do that.

Those of you who pay for this service, does it still have commercials when you are paying?

We started a 2 week free full service trial, but it still has commercials. I REALLY hate commercials bc unlike tv shows, you never know what rating the commercials should be given. And the interruption is annoying of course.

Tia for answering.

Depends. For TV shows yes, but for movies no.

I love the Criterion Collection on Hulu Plus.

Bill

Does it get any of the BBC shows? Dr who, Downton, Sherlock ?

What about Walking Dead? Sky fall?

NONE of those are coming up and those are the shows we are interested in.

Downton, yes. The others, no. And Downton is on a delay on Hulu. You're better off watching it on the PBS site. They do get other British shows sometimes though, and Canadian shows and other things. They never get premium cable shows that I've seen.

We pay for it in order to be able to watch on the TV and devices and see cable things like some of the USA, ABC Family, Comedy Central and other networks that we don't get because we don't have cable. If someone has cable, I think it probably isn't worth it.

I have never had Cable and don't plan to change that any time soon.

So far I haven't seen anything on Hulu that I can't watch on Netflix or one of the station apps for free. The only difference seems to be I can watch a very few things for the whole current season. For example, the most recent 5 epis of OUAT are available on abc.com, but the entire second season is on Hulu. But not any of the first season, which is on Netflix.

Being a season behind is nothing new or that traumatic here, so I will just continue as we were once my 2 weeks free are up. :)