Menu

Great Courses Customer Appreciation Sale

Great Courses is having a customer appreciation sale - up to 90% off. Hopefully, this link will work for everyone. Let me know if it doesn't.

A Day's Read is my current obsession/project and if you want to know what some of the reading is, just pm me. I will say that I have never read any of Abbe Prevos'st work and I thoroughly enjoyed Manon Lescaut.

I am considering the Skeptic's Guide because The Book Thief is discussed, Professor Voth is great, and $19.95 is cheap, right?

You all really know that I am not a GC enabler? :D

Repeat after me:

I.shall.not.buy.more.TC.courses.(ETA: this.month)

Can we form a self-help group? TCAA- TC Addicts Anonymous?

But thanks for the link, swimmermom!

I need to sign up for that support group. What's the first step? HMMM...admitting there is a problem. Okay, sigh, I have a problem. The question is, "Do I really want to be cured?"

Faith

Great Courses is having a customer appreciation sale - up to 90% off. Hopefully, this link will work for everyone. Let me know if it doesn't.

A Day's Read is my current obsession/project and if you want to know what some of the reading is, just pm me. I will say that I have never read any of Abbe Prevos'st work and I thoroughly enjoyed Manon Lescaut.

I am considering the Skeptic's Guide because The Book Thief is discussed, Professor Voth is great, and $19.95 is cheap, right?

You all really know that I am not a GC enabler? :D

I'm reading through A Day's Read too.

I just finished The Sybill - Lagerkvist. I have the next five books lined up, after that I might have to stop for a while. While buying the lecture series at bargain price, I had not realised that having to purchase the books was going to be so costly. Dutch libraries usually have only popular English titles and with 36 titles at 8-9euros a piece.....wowzer. :crying: I guess I should have bought a home economics course :laugh: .

Repeat after me:

I.shall.not.buy.more.TC.courses.(ETA: this.month)

Can we form a self-help group? TCAA- TC Addicts Anonymous?

But thanks for the link, swimmermom!

I need to sign up for that support group. What's the first step? HMMM...admitting there is a problem. Okay, sigh, I have a problem. The question is, "Do I really want to be cured?"

Faith

If I were "cured," ironing and other mundane household tasks would return to being...well, mundane. I also like the lit and history ones for when dh is traveling and I can't sleep, which these days is often.

I'm reading through A Day's Read too.

I just finished The Sybill - Lagerkvist. I have the next five books lined up, after that I might have to stop for a while. While buying the lecture series at bargain price, I had not realised that having to purchase the books was going to be so costly. Dutch libraries usually have only popular English titles and with 36 titles at 8-9euros a piece.....wowzer. :crying: I guess I should have bought a home economics course :laugh: .

Tress, I hear you on that one. I had a couple of the titles on hand as part of collections that I already owned and then I was able to get a few of them like Disgrace, Alexander's Bridge, and The Lover from Paperback Swap, but there are a few like Sybil that are not easy to find and are really pricey.

I was thinking this would make a good high school course for many reasons. It is just that I am still trying to get my head around the first selection and I am not sure my older kids would get it. So far, I am really enjoying the variety of authors.

If I were "cured," ironing and other mundane household tasks would return to being...well, mundane. I also like the lit and history ones for when dh is traveling and I can't sleep, which these days is often.

Yes, we listen mostly in the car. Makes a long 18 hour drive out West educational, if not enjoyable.

Mundane household tasks...hm, ironing is the only chore I hate and despise and have outsourced. I consider it a valuable skill for a young male teenager to be able to iron and gladly pay him to hone his skills on Dad's shirts. (Female coworkers have already asked if I hire him out)