Menu

Gluten free cinnamon roll recipe -- do you have one?

I don't know if you have a store close by but my nephew love's Udi's Cinnamon Rolls. :o)

http://www.amazon.com/Udis-Gluten-Free-Cinnamon-Rolls/dp/B0049OX6IG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353862825&sr=8-3&keywords=gluten+free+cinnamon+rolls

Otherwise these look good and there is a tutorial! :o)

http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2011/01/best-gluten-free-cinnamon-buns-or-rolls.html

Good luck...I have a favorite nephew that has Celiac I LOVE to cook for him!

I have this recipe & also this recipe bookmarked to try over the holidays.

Sorry, not tried & true, but I read a glowing review of them somewhere online. I can't wait for my kids to come home for the holidays so I'll have help consuming the calories!

I second the recommendation for Udi's GF products. I've loved every type I've tried (& I can't say that about very many pre-made GF bread products).

I use Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF flour as a substitute for regular flour in any normal recipe.

That mix has a pretty strong beany flavor thats hard to mask. It wouldn't work well in cinnamon rolls imo and would also make them very dense due to the flour blend. Something like cinnamon rolls would be made from all starches.

That mix has a pretty strong beany flavor thats hard to mask. It wouldn't work well in cinnamon rolls imo and would also make them very dense due to the flour blend. Something like cinnamon rolls would be made from all starches.

Hm, I haven't noticed that. We could just be used to the GF flavor of things by now though. DH's aunt said after a while it all just tastes normal. The cookbook 1000 Gluten Free Recipes uses a sorghum blend that uses sorghum flour, corn/potato starch, and tapioca flour. I like the taste, but the texture isn't always great in flour based items like bread, pancakes, etc. I LOVE her chicken noodle soup with dumplings, and pizza crust though.

Hm, I haven't noticed that. We could just be used to the GF flavor of things by now though. DH's aunt said after a while it all just tastes normal. The cookbook 1000 Gluten Free Recipes uses a sorghum blend that uses sorghum flour, corn/potato starch, and tapioca flour. I like the taste, but the texture isn't always great in flour based items like bread, pancakes, etc. I LOVE her chicken noodle soup with dumplings, and pizza crust though.

You do get used to it but the bean flavor is hard for a lot of people to get used to. I also found the mix to create grainy stuff so I only use it for Molasses cookies which covers the flavor and has the body needed for the cookie. I have Carols book but I haven't tried any of the baked stuff yet since most of it calls for Expandex but I FINALLY got some last week and will start experimenting after the move and I get my kitchen stuff back:)

You do get used to it but the bean flavor is hard for a lot of people to get used to. I also found the mix to create grainy stuff so I only use it for Molasses cookies which covers the flavor and has the body needed for the cookie. I have Carols book but I haven't tried any of the baked stuff yet since most of it calls for Expandex but I FINALLY got some last week and will start experimenting after the move and I get my kitchen stuff back:)

Expandex? Is that xanthan gum?

we have used and enjoyed the pamelas recipies mentioned above in the past

we followed it pretty exactly and if you look here in this old post

you can see a picture of how they turned out ...

we have been having a grain free period but this thread has me sighing for a Christmas treat :)

I'm going to try this recipe. I haven't used Pamela's flour mix before, but I have used Bob's. It gives me indigestion and the beany taste is awful.

lol, I think the same recipe has been posted like 5 times even though its on different blogs:)

It just looks so good!

Do you really not have to let the dough rise? I am used to wheat flour recipes that require letting the dough rise, punch it down and shape, let rise again, then bake. The GF recipe doesn't say anything about letting the dough rise.