Menu

Where did you buy Earobics from?

momsuz123

I got mine from the Don Johnston website. Their phone help is very nice, and they had a generous return policy. I'm on a mac, and I had concerns about whether I'd be able to get it to work. (Turns out I have to run it on an older operating system, which requires a little jumping through hoops.) There has been an update in the last few years. My Earobics 1 is called Foundations Home. That's what DJ sells, and I think it is what is currently the newest kind (or was when I bought it). It was around $99. At the time I saw, on other websites, a product that I think was an older version (step 1?) for a much lower price ($65?). I DON'T know what the changes were between editions. They may have been minimal or dramatic, no clue.

The Home version allows for 2 user accounts and can be wiped to allow for new after that. So you can use it for multiple children if you do your first two and wipe an account to make room for the 3rd. The dogs miss out, haha. Then you wipe the whole thing to resell. I'm not sure why I couldn't find used.

Anyways, that's what I did.

why not Amazon? we ordered ours from Amazon, and it arrived fine. It's not here to me yet (we ship to MIL in the US and she packages and sends to us in Brazil) but the package arrived, etc. and she didn't report anything funny......

That's an older version (1997, Step 1). Like I said, I have no clue how much changed. In my case I was concerned with compatability and making sure it would work with my mac and that I could return it if it didn't. So the purchaser at least needs to check the operating systems it will work with. I had to have the newer version to get it to work on my computer. If you look at the reviews on amazon for the earobics they have there, someone mentions that as an issue. Also, the prices there are almost as high as buying the newer version, and with buying it new from a regular dealer, I could return it if it didn't work. As it was, I ended up on the phone with the Earobics company phone support for a while trying to get it installed correctly.

BTW, when I was doing my searching, I found that Step version of Earobics for around $60-65 easily online.

why not Amazon? we ordered ours from Amazon, and it arrived fine. It's not here to me yet (we ship to MIL in the US and she packages and sends to us in Brazil) but the package arrived, etc. and she didn't report anything funny......

Oh, I do buy a lot from Amazon, I just noticed with Earobics, the price was high, and it was the older one, plus what OhElizabeth said. :)