Menu

twin birthday party questions

My DD was invited to a birthday party for twin girls. We only recently met them so not only do I have no clue what to get for the girls (the mom was no help with suggestions), but I'm wondering if I need to get a card for both girls or address one card to the two of them. And I assume I need to get them each a gift, right? Or do I get something "bigger" and say it's for both of them?

With my boys, we have had some people get 1 card for each, some get one card for both. Honestly, we don't mind either way. We have had some get a gift for each, while other's get one gift they can share. I may be of no help here, but we don't mind either way. Here lately, my boys get excited about getting their own gift card. It doesn't have to be for a large amount.

My boy/girl twins will be four next month. They do everything together and are super close, however they have never recieved a joint card or gift from a guest at their party, including family. They were born together on the same day, but they are two seperate people. We also do a seperate cake for each twin and sing happy birthday one at a time. I would look at it as a joint party for two seperate kids and do the cards and the gifts seperately.

My boy/girl twins will be four next month. They do everything together and are super close, however they have never recieved a joint card or gift from a guest at their party, including family. They were born together on the same day, but they are two seperate people. We also do a seperate cake for each twin and sing happy birthday one at a time. I would look at it as a joint party for two seperate kids and do the cards and the gifts seperately.

same here.

We've had people give separate cards or together cards. My kids don't mind. Ditto with gifts. Yes, they're separate people, but if you don't know them that well, then you're not giving individualized gifts and a board game they can play together or something along those lines is a good pick.

It probably depends on how old they are. My boy/girl twins are 4 and would be fine if they got one gift to share (like Mandylubug said, if it can be "shared") and one card. That being said, they get one cake, we sing once, and don't do things separately yet :). As a twin mom I realize getting two gifts can be expensive so don't feel bad if you only get one, I'm sure she would understand.

Marisa