Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 11/11-11/17

yesterday I did the Fire 30 workout from turbo fire. today i am doing the core 20. i feel muscles emerging!!!! i did pull a muscle in my neck/shoulder ,but i think it's getting better.

i am needing some advice with my diet. i don't eat enough, and want to eat more, and healthy. I am vegetarian, light on the cheese, and am using fresh20 which really helps with the dinner aspect. but i need good ideas for lunch in particular. If there are leftovers, I am good with those, but if there arent' i generally skip lunch. Not good. Thoughts?

Sorry I haven't been around- I managed stress fractures in my 3rd & 4th metatarsals- so it's been upper body workouts only for a month, no running. Felt stupid to say "and I did more bench presses and inverted rows today, AGAIN" lol. However, I am allowed to workout now- advised to regress all of my weight and distance.

I tried running Friday- and was very sore on the top of the foot, so I am going to leave that alone for a few days.

Yesterday I did a full body 5x5 weight lifting circuit- with a little more emphasis on the lower than upper... Felt so good to do deadlifts and squats again- even though the 50% weight felt pointless. Lol

Today was a kettlebell day. Two circuits, 8 exercises each, each circuit repeated twice. The first was 40sec work, 20 sec rest: deadlift + burpee, rows right and left, passing lunges- right and left, plank climbers, and R&L push presses. The second circuit was Tabata (20sec work, 10 rest): and I just did KB swings- which ever type of swing that struck me as I went thru. Mostly 2 hand and alternating swings.

It was a really great workout- felt spent but not annihilated at the end. It's good to be back! I missed it!

Last week I did BJJ 3 times and I am wrecked. I did manage to squeeze in some from my Insanity/Asylum hybrid.

BBL Master series came in and I will try that today.

I don't eat enough either. I just don't get around to it and I am lazy about prepping my food. If my husband didn't cook, I would be eating crackers all day.

Essentrics - Arms, Abs, and Waist

Great job, everyone. :D

This is my pre-marathon week, so my main fitness goal is to get enough sleep, eat well, and avoid catching some germy illness! So far, so good, 8 hours both of the last 2 nights!

Thinking of you, Stephanie. Best of luck. :)

208854501438828756_WvWZgssl_c.jpg

Sunday-nothin. It's deer season, which entails a trip into the woods where food will be eaten that deer could smell a mile away. And it rained.

Monday-3.6 mile run.

Tuesday-3 mile hike up in said deer woods carrying everybody's drinks on my back.

Wednesday-2 mile run, 4 mile bike ride to keep the children entertained during their little break from school.

The plan for Thursday is another light 2-3 miles and then to rest Friday.

The 10K is on Saturday and I feel woefully unprepared despite my long runs. Today I had a horrible side-stitch from taking off too fast and that dogged me the whole time. I kept thinking, "What if this happens to me on mile one of the 10K and never stops? I'm going to have to walk. I don't want to walk!"

Sigh. I'm grumpy, far more grumpy that I should be. I'm literally dancing on my toes with pent up energy at times, and collapsed at others. And I'm starving to death. I had no idea tapering could do so many bad things to my temper. But all over after Saturday, right?:tongue_smilie:

This is my pre-marathon week, so my main fitness goal is to get enough sleep, eat well, and avoid catching some germy illness! So far, so good, 8 hours both of the last 2 nights!

And good luck Stephanie. May the germs stay many, many miles away.