Menu

I admit it! I hate K12 color math!!!

Juniper

K12 color math,i.e., purple(3rd grade), red(4th grade) etc.

There are parts of K12 math I like, but I don't like it enough to use as my only source for math. When we received STAR test results from last spring, it was clear that K12 math alone was not enough for my DD. Add other sources.

My strategy:

1. Singapore Math-This is where DD learns math and is genuinely enthusiastic about learning math.

2. K12 Red Math for learning concepts from a different point of view. Sometimes it's useful.
  3. Horizons Math-This covers things that neither of the the above does, such as Roman numerals. I also use this for spiral review and simple math puzzles. DD does this independently. She likes the color and variety. I like that it keeps her basic math skills sharp.

The new K12 color math is why I pulled my youngest out of MNVA after last year. I don't like it, and I don't mess around with math.

I would just teach the concepts using materials you have now. If you're in a virtual academy, you can teach the objectives your own way and mark the lessons complete.

Thank you! I just went ahead an pulled out some of my other resources. We will get this done!

I worked with DD11's introduction to Algebra and Geometry and liked it. I just wish the color math could have been made similar, or kept similar. Ugh! :tongue_smilie: