Menu

Be Our Guest Restaurant--Spoiler & Review

Stop reading immediately if you do not want to know the magic.

So we ate at the new Disney restaurant today, Be Our Guest. I'll sum it up by saying this restaurant steps up counter service to a whole new level. Not only is the decor, technology, and ambiance fabulous, the food wasn't bad either. It's certainly now among my top 10 Disney restaurants.

First one is greeted by "French" castmembers who give the guest a rose and some instructions on how to online order at individual kiosks. The rose turns out to be a transmitter powered with Apple technology. The rose is later placed on any table of the guest's choosing. The rose immediately starts transmitting the guest location to the kitchen so that when the food is brought out, it is brought to the right table.

Don't forget to look out the window of the amazing grand dining room. It's snowing.....really.

Lots of magic in this place. It's still counter service so don't expect to be eating at Citricos, Brown Derby, or even The Yacht Club. But it certainly is way above any other Disney counter service restaurant.

Hope that encourages a few.

:)

The food is one step up from the normal Disney counter service, likewise, so are the prices. I had 2 bowls of soup for about $6 each. Both were very good. DD12 had the turkey sandwich. It had a Grey Poupon type mustard that she didn't care for, but the turkey was thickly carved and the lettuce and tomato and peppers and onions were fresh. The bread was a huge sour dough type for about $7. Sorry, I can't remember the prices exactly. The menu is upscale a little and even has grilled salmon on the kids menu. It's much better than the PB&J offered at the other counter service places.

What I didn't see was how to make special orders. Perhaps the next WTM visitor can figure that one out.

P.S. The Little Mermaid ride and Beauty and the Beast interactive story are both great. Check those out too. The Snow White ride is still under construction.

How did you get in? Are you an annual passholder? We're going in a week and would LOVE to get to see the Enchanted Tales with Belle since that's DDs favorite character. We're not holding our breath though because from what I understand that entire week is dedicated to previews for annual passholders.

Oh, and BTW, at night it turns into a table service restaurant. I am hoping we get to eat here for lunch though, I would love to see it, but don't know how the kids would sit through a full meal here.

Yes, we are annual passholders, but that's not how we got in. We were not able to beat the annual passholder crowd who made reservations.

I knew they were having dress rehearsals. So DD and I walked up to the rope and asked very innocently how we could get in. We were all giggly and very excitable. We chatted for a minute with two of the castmembers guarding the rope. They were selectively picking people to go inside. We made the cut. But, I think anyone who walked up to the rope and said he was hungry and wanted to go eat would get in.

I didn't know it turned into a sit down at night. I think that would destroy the magic of the rose. That technology is so cool.