Menu

Thoughts on "Perry Mason"

:D:D:D It was always one of the UNSOLVED mysteries of the show. There was one episode where Perry Mason took off his jacket and draped it over Stella sleeping on the office couch after they pulled an all nighter. Dh insisted this was the clincher. They had something going but did not show it. :lol:

I wanted to be Perry Mason! I think it had a large impact on me going to law school...all those shows did. I wanted to be the lawyer who helped the innocent, found out the bad guy, showed up the DA and was spectacular in court! Too bad real life was such a let down!!:tongue_smilie:

I saw the actress who played Della later on an interview show. She had a very nice husky voice - the kind you get from smoking.

I like Perry Mason too. I tried reading some of the books by Earle Stanley Gardner and had to put them down. The books are racist and chauvinistic in a way that did not come out in the shows. A sign of the times in which they were written, I guess.