Menu

I know I haven't been on here in awhile, buuuut..... (Sale and Swap board)

Do you think when you (the seller) sells you listing in full, you can delete it??

I am on here today, hoping to find a relatively inexpensive (read not over $100) Psychology text, and get so excited when I see things come up in my search results, only to find out there all SOLD. Now they do go an update their post, but isn't there a way to just delete the thread as the author??

Thanks... :)

You cannot delete a thread and you can't edit it after a week (I think it's a week)...I wish it was set up so you could change the title after something sells or be able to edit it several weeks later. I like to keep one thread going and just add to it, but you can't really do that on this board. The only way to mention something is sold after the first week is to bump it up by replying to the thread. Most of the time if someone is reading a FS thread, they will not read all the comments and know that it is sold (because it would be in a reply). I often don't bump it up because I'll just get PMs asking to buy it.

Does that all make sense? :glare::lol: All that to say that I don't like the way the FS forum is set up, it doesn't make it easy to edit/change. HTH!

You cannot delete a thread and you can't edit it after a week (I think it's a week)...I wish it was set up so you could change the title after something sells or be able to edit it several weeks later. I like to keep one thread going and just add to it, but you can't really do that on this board. The only way to mention something is sold after the first week is to bump it up by replying to the thread. Most of the time if someone is reading a FS thread, they will not read all the comments and know that it is sold (because it would be in a reply). I often don't bump it up because I'll just get PMs asking to buy it.

Does that all make sense? :glare::lol: All that to say that I don't like the way the FS forum is set up, it doesn't make it easy to edit/change. HTH!

:iagree: It's annoying to me. I also get excited when I search for something and I always feel bad when people pm me about long sold things.

We can't ever delete a post, we can edit it to a certain point, but after a certain amount of time (not sure what) we can't edit them either. Also if you try to edit the title after it has a response then it will only show up after you open the thread, not in the listing of threads on the forum.