Menu

days go by readers

Guest milkpitcher

Guest milkpitcher

Did any else have this problem? I was searching for early readers, and someone suggested the Days Go By series - I have 2 boys.

In one of the books, 35 pages are devoted to 2 amish girls (i think amish) playing with dolls. Obviously, both my boys did not want tor ead these.

Yes, Days Go By are from the Pathway readers.

My younger son is in the midst of the doll stories now. He finds it amusing, but maybe that is because he has younger sisters.

Like the PP said, there are lots of more boyish stories also.

If you don't like the Pathway readers and want some sort of readers, Christian Light Education also has good readers that are a nice mix of girl and boy stories. They are Mennonite though and not Amish so there are more direct in their teaching of the Bible.

Did any else have this problem? I was searching for early readers, and someone suggested the Days Go By series - I have 2 boys.

In one of the books, 35 pages are devoted to 2 amish girls (i think amish) playing with dolls. Obviously, both my boys did not want tor ead these.

Are you only planning on having them read about boys? My oldest son liked the books he has read so far, and I'm sure my younger one will, too, but I'd have them read them anyhow. The books are about a family. Some of the stories focus on the girls. I don't see a down side to this unless they are still in the painfully sounding something out stage where I give a bit more leeway for interest.

Considering that the next 46 pages are devoted to a boy and his dog, we had no problem. I actually thought the books leaned more heavily to boy friendly stories, but my dd didn't seem to mind. My son found the doll part very funny - with the cat dressed up and all.

It is so hard to find good early readers that I was (am) willing to overlook a few issues. My two oldest loved this series, but we do have a small farm so maybe these stories are more relevant to us.

My 2 boys love these readers, they begged for the next one when they finished one if I didn't have it ready for them. I also bought the old Alice and Jerry readers (the whole set) and they loved them also great stories and beautiful art work. Alice and Jerry teaches about different things through the reading, places time periods etc.