Menu

How long does it take to hear back from a job interview?

In May I dropped off my resume after hearing about an interim teaching position. This week (finally!) I got a call for an interview, and it went really well. Or it seemed to. The principal told me to hurry and complete the application packet (reference forms, transcripts, etc.), and I thought THAT sounded positive . . .

I got everything in, and I haven't heard a thing.

School starts soon!

Dh says maybe she has to document that she's interviewed X number of applicants or something . . .

After being "unemployed" all these years -- and having 2 interviews that went nowhere last year -- I think I've developed a confidence-deficit! :huh:

How DO you pump yourself up when you're feeling deflated?

In May I dropped off my resume after hearing about an interim teaching position. This week (finally!) I got a call for an interview, and it went really well. Or it seemed to. The principal told me to hurry and complete the application packet (reference forms, transcripts, etc.), and I thought THAT sounded positive . . .

I got everything in, and I haven't heard a thing.

School starts soon!

Dh says maybe she has to document that she's interviewed X number of applicants or something . . .

After being "unemployed" all these years -- and having 2 interviews that went nowhere last year -- I think I've developed a confidence-deficit! :huh:

How DO you pump yourself up when you're feeling deflated?

CALL the principal Monday! Take charge and don't wait for her. What if you paperwork got lost? Remember she wants to fill those positions as badly as you would like the job :)

CALL the principal Monday! Take charge and don't wait for her. What if you paperwork got lost? Remember she wants to fill those positions as badly as you would like the job :)

:iagree:

However, I would wait until it was at least one week from when you dropped off info and then I would contact her. Hang in there, it is tough going back into the workforce, I am sure you came across great but remember it takes awhile to check all those references, etc... And if they are doing a background check, that could take several weeks so they may be waiting on that.