Menu

Kissing on the mouth

My in-law family are not kissers or huggers or even hand-shakers so it has never come up. I don't think they even kiss or hug their grandkids. My FIL might have pecked my cheek on my wedding day.

My family is fairly affectionate. My mom kisses us on the lips (and cheeks) and DH and I kiss the kids on the lips (and cheeks and top of the head, forehead, tummy etc). My mom might peck my dh on the lips, I've never really thought about it. We are a kissy-huggy-smoochy-sit in a pile kind of family. We tend to kiss hello and goodby and good night. I kiss and hug my kids good morning.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

... my husband: Anywhere I want.

... my daughters: On the lips, cheeks, and top of head (isn't that soft hair so delicious?).

... my mother: On the lips, cheeks, and top of head (especially her forehead, it's always been The Kiss Spot for her, since she was a little girl).

... my father: On the cheeks. Now, before you get all bent out of shape about that apparent favoritism, I should point out that I used to kiss my dad on the lips, too, but he is plagued with cold sores -- and if I kiss him on the lips, a few days later, I will have a cold sore. :tongue_smilie:

... my aunts & uncles: On the cheeks, if at all. Depends on the aunt or uncle.

... my brother-in-laws: Kiss them? :ack2:

... good friends who are hopelessly Caucasian or reservedly Asian: On the cheeks, just one side. :001_rolleyes:

... good friends who are Brazilian, Hispanic, or African diaspora: On the cheeks, both sides. :001_smile: