Menu

Cake decorators, I need help again!

I need to get three images onto a cake. I was going to have them printed for me at a bakery but they said they need proof I have rights to it. I cannot find the images I want at any royalty-free sites. They're coming up in searches but for some reason not the way I need them. My only option now seems to be tracing them onto sugar sheets. Is this possible?

One of the things you can do is take a sugar sheet (mentioned earlier) and put it through your printer. Then roll out fondant and attach the photo to the fondant ( I use clear piping gel). Cut it to the size you want and let it dry/harden. Then put it on the cake as a plaque - not intended to be eaten because the ink from your printer isn't food safe. But putting it on the fondant makes it simple to remove and keeps people from eating them.

I was able to do it! I found a stencil at the craft store for the chandelier and I printed the image of the bride and groom and cut it. I laid both on sugar sheets and traced them with edible marker. I filled the chandelier with the marker and the bride and groom with edible paint. I can't wait for this cake/week to be over!