Menu

What a fun day!

I had a previous post yesterday about dd and I getting our days mixed up and being bummed that we were going to miss the Strut your Mutt fundraiser going on locally, attended by Ian Somerhalder, a native Louisianan that we like. Then we realized that we were off a day and could actually go! We ran around town making last minute preps and then headed off bright and early that morning.

Of course I will not mention the name of the woman who got a ticket this morning with that lead foot of hers that she needs to cut off...total speed trap though...the DH just shook his head when he heard the news, smiled a little and said he figured she was due for one. :blushing:

So we arrive and get registered to walk. Looked around at the booths that were there. Waited for the line up to begin. ISF was walking up front, that is Ian's foundation and the one we registered with.

We stood along the side of the group since it was so crowded in the middle. The ribbon was cut and away we walked. Little did DD and I know, we ended up right in the front walking with Ian! As we walked, we chatted about the kind of dog he was walking that was for adoption (he wasn't sure so I told him what it looked like from my experience-a cattle dog mix) and he commented several times about how chilled out our Great Dane was about all the cameras in her face. That was her first time out in that sort of event and she really was doing great (they were snapping shots left and right of her and around us of him). DD could hardly say anything as she's shy and was afraid of the security people fussing if she got too close...I mean we seriously were walking right with him. After he and I talked a little, I told him that my DD behind me would love to say Hi, but that she's shy. He turned right to her and took her hand and asked her a few questions and they had a laugh. Made her feel more at ease. It was sweet of him.

We entertained some people with Sophie's frisbee skills. Hunter, DD's GSD was a great ambassador for his breed today. Even handled a pushy guy that couldn't seem to understand the word "no" and tried to take my leash away to move the dog away from the few ladies around us, to pet him because he couldn't see past fact that Hunter did not like him. He moved around to stand at my front and stayed there until the man left...weird guy...of course lots of people loved sweet Riley.

In the first picture, she was afraid that she was going to bump into him and get fussed at by security, so she was trying to move her dog away, lol. But she hadn't realized that the security guard had stepped back a little walking behind him to give her some walking room next to him. Maybe he noticed she was shy and certainly wasn't acting like some of the other girls...She was so cute though walking along and trying to be composed and mature, hoping he'd speak to her, lol. I was trying to get a few pics with my phone, but that's hard to do when you're holding two dogs, not wanting to draw attention to the picture taking recipients, and looking sort of backwards, lol.

post-32706-13535087571708_thumb.jpg

post-32706-1353508757201_thumb.jpg

post-32706-13535087572248_thumb.jpg

post-32706-1353508757245_thumb.jpg

post-32706-13535087572648_thumb.jpg

post-32706-13535087571708_thumb.jpg

post-32706-1353508757201_thumb.jpg

post-32706-13535087572248_thumb.jpg

post-32706-1353508757245_thumb.jpg

post-32706-13535087572648_thumb.jpg

Edited by CountryGirl2

my dd is a shy kid. Not around friends of course :001_smile:, but she is not on the up and up with boy bands and boy crazy. She does think some actors and such are handsome or cute, but she's not a gusher, lol. She doesn't watch Vampire Diaries, though I know she's probably seen a few here and there. She watched Lost though and liked him then. At any rate. It was fun to go to church this morning and see her lit up with telling her story to some of the girls in class that are very crazy about him. They were excited for her and bummed out that they missed it. She often feels out of place because she has different interests than they do, but to see her excited to share this with them and they were excited for her, was nice.