Menu

Dr. Hive....what is this??

I have weird cramp like discomfort in my right, lower back that goes all around to the front of my body to the joint area where my leg and torso connect. The best way to describe the discomfort is mentral cramps that aren't painful...just uncomfortable. Does that even make sense. I feel fine other wise...what is that??

small kidney stone passing. The time I had my first stone I thought it was menstrual cramps for the longest time. After i got it diagnosed when I got the similar pain I knew what it was.

I've passed a few that had (mild) pain that started in the lower back and wrapped around the hip to the groin area. Once it passed everything was fine.

Just a thought. Drink lots of water.

small kidney stone passing. The time I had my first stone I thought it was menstrual cramps for the longest time. After i got it diagnosed when I got the similar pain I knew what it was.

I've passed a few that had (mild) pain that started in the lower back and wrapped around the hip to the groin area. Once it passed everything was fine.

Just a thought. Drink lots of water.

that sounds about right...it will take care of itself? I will drink more water than normal...thanks. How will I know if it has passed...the discomfort will just go away? Is this indicative of more problems to come....or not??

that sounds about right...it will take care of itself? I will drink more water than normal...thanks. How will I know if it has passed...the discomfort will just go away? Is this indicative of more problems to come....or not??

(If it is a stone), if the stone is small and as the stone moves lower you might get urges to urinate. The pain, might get worse, before it gets better. I have found that I can usually tolerate the passing of a small stone without much difficulty. After it passes, I feel fine.

Hopefully the pain will go away soon and it will turn out to be nothing.

ok...I will be watchful...do I need to call a doctor or anything???

If the pain gets too bad you might want some good drugs. Recommendation is to follow up with a urologist.

My first one I went to ER since I had no idea what it was. They gave me drugs and afterward told me to follow up with urologist.

Since I have no insurance I didn't follow up but tremendously increased my water intake and since then passed several smaller ones. I chose not to call doc even though one was pretty bad but since I knew what it was I toughed it out. Other ones I passed while at work as they just felt kind of twingy.

Since then I've had no more stones. I continue to drink a lot more water and watch my diet.

So, that's my story.

Sounds almost exactly like what my husband complained about for a week or so before he ended up in the ER with a kidney stone. As long as it was moving in his kidney, he had the cramp (of course he didn't describe it as menstrual cramps, lol), but when it moved into his ureter, WHOA!! He was in excruciating pain. He never takes pain meds, but he ended getting IV Dilaudid in the ER. After about 4-5 hours of that, he was totally fine.

Drink lots of water. You might want to avoid high salt foods, caffeine, and fast food (if you have any of those) until you figure out what's going on.

Hope it ends soon!!