Menu

Piano teacher needed in Dallas area

I've had sporadic internet since we moved to Dallas a few weeks ago, between that and the boards being so slow I've not been here that much. We love our house - basically it's the same floorplan as we had in Houston but we have hardwood floors except in the bathrooms and the laundry room - no carpet at all - it seems to really cut down on the dust :) We have a contract on our house in Houston, we got the offer after 5 days (including the long 4th of July weekend) on the market. God is faithful.

Now we're trying to find a piano teacher for my 16 yo dd. She *loves* piano. But it's not her life. Next year she'll have 2 or maybe 3 online classes, plus we'll be traveling a lot for dance. We met a teacher on Monday who was put off by her not practicing 2 hours per day. She assumed that as a homeschooled high schooler, my dd would have more time to devote to piano than her other high school students. Plus she seemed to think any high school student still taking piano lessons is planning a career in it (which my dd is *not*). So we would like a teacher who recognizes my dd has other things in her life besides piano; yet one who will work with her at her level. We live near SMU but I'm willing to travel a bit for the right situation.

Check out MCOT (Music COnservatory of Texas). They're well known, and have locations in both Frisco and Flower Mound. Our first exchange student heard about Ms. Amelkina while taking lessons in Norway and was encouraged to study under her.

Two of my children have taken lessons there, and the other three will begin in August. I strongly urge you to check out the website (http://www.mcot.com) and consider them.

How do you like the Park Cities? It's lovely there, but we don't make it to SMU often.

Check out MCOT (Music COnservatory of Texas). They're well known, and have locations in both Frisco and Flower Mound. Our first exchange student heard about Ms. Amelkina while taking lessons in Norway and was encouraged to study under her.

Two of my children have taken lessons there, and the other three will begin in August. I strongly urge you to check out the website (http://www.mcot.com) and consider them.

How do you like the Park Cities? It's lovely there, but we don't make it to SMU often.

We love the trees, hate the implication that we'll use HP schools - where we lived in Houston was so different in that the public schools were horrible, so people were more likely to use private schools - or homeschool. Here nobody "gets" why we would want to homeschool.:glare:

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. :)