Menu

AP Chemistry

I wondering what you like to use for AP or adv. chemistry. I doubt I try to get approval for an AP course, so I'm looking for anything that will prepare my son well for an AP chemistry exam. My son is a math wiz, so the math I don't expect the math to be a problem. I expect that I can teach it without a teacher manual, so I don't necessarily need that, though answers to some of the problems would be nice.

What do you like to use?

Brown, Chemistry: the Central Science

Zumdahl, Chemistry

Thompson, Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry Experiments

Yes, I've got the lab side of things as I already teach Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry Experiments to a group of students and have taken several completely through the text.

Looking forward to my own kids being old enough to do it all as well.

Brown, Chemistry: the Central Science

Zumdahl, Chemistry

:iagree:

Zumdahl was a hit with both of my kids & prepared them well for the AP exam. We got by with a slightly older edition of the student text. There were enough problems with answers (not full solutions) in the back to work for us w/o needing to purchase a TM.

Last year I tutored AP chem using the Brown text. It's also a very good choice and well-aligned to the AP exam. I have a slight personal preference for Zumdahl's presentation.