Menu

Math Transcript Questions

My ds has struggled with upper level math so I decided to start MUS and since March he has completed Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, and is now half way through Zeta. What should I call this on the transcript? When we get to Algebra 1 for the 3rd time and Geometry for the 2nd time how do I explain this on the transcript?

You could list the first group as 'General Math' then once he completes Algebra and Geometry list them.

Also note that any course below Algebra 1 would not count towards high school credit... so it would be totally optional to put it on transcript.

My oldest only completed 2 high school maths-- Algebra 1 and Algebra 2. She was accepted and eventually graduated from college (with HONORS!).

If possible-- try to complete Algebra 2 over Geometry if it comes down to a choice.... if your student ever decides to go to college or community college the basic math classes will require Algebra 2 (to avoid remedial maths).

I have had several former students go on to college after only completing (after multiple attempts) Algebra 1... they survived.

I hadn't heard about anything below Algebra 1 not counting for high school credit....

Here at the PS - you have to take Algebra 1, but there are classes that come before it in the high school for those struggling with math. They have a general math and a pre-algebra class.

The kids get credit towards graduation, but again - they eventually have to have algebra 1 on there (and maybe geometry or algebra 2).

My poor mom never would have graduated high school. She barely passed pre-algebra in high school. Had to take that twice. She just wasn't good at math.

I hadn't heard about anything below Algebra 1 not counting for high school credit....

Here at the PS - you have to take Algebra 1, but there are classes that come before it in the high school for those struggling with math. They have a general math and a pre-algebra class.

The kids get credit towards graduation, but again - they eventually have to have algebra 1 on there (and maybe geometry or algebra 2).

My poor mom never would have graduated high school. She barely passed pre-algebra in high school. Had to take that twice. She just wasn't good at math.

I know that when I was in high school 9th grade was pre-algebra. I do not remember my sequence but graduated having gone through Algebra 3 (Trigonometry).