Menu

What do you think?

I have several friends whom I only talk to via email due to us living far apart from each other. I have a couple of friends I talk to on a regular basis. I email them, they email me, sometimes we go a month or two without talking, but most of the time we talk more often than that.

Then I have a couple of other friends whom I email once in a blue moon (may be years between emails) because they only answer one email and then refuse to respond again until I wait months or even years again to email them. I am trying to decide if I should even try to keep in contact with these two because I feel like I am the only one who truly cares if we stay in touch. They always seem excited to hear from me, but only respond one time and won't respond again if I email them back. One is a friend from college and one I worked with about 12 years ago.

What would you do?

I contact people 3 times. If they have not made any attempt to contact me after that, I stop. Family or friends, I do the same.

If they contact me even once, no matter how minimal....I give them another 3 times. :D I like to keep in touch with people and I understand that others aren't as chatty as I am but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Because of life circumstances I have been that person that doesn't reply etc. Most people don't know my struggle. It is such a big deal to get an email etc and it hurts to get "dumped" and know it is my "fault".

Since email is "easy" I vote to keep the occasional notes. You never know where the other really is emotionally.