Menu

Awww... fun wedding proposal

Did you hear the worst proposal ever? It was NPR this past weekend. I think it was in Australia. Not sure.

Anyway, the guy faked his death in a gruesome car accident. He did special effects so that it looked like he was a bloody mess of a corpse in the middle of car wreckage, and arranged it so that his girlfriend would unknowingly walk into the scene and see him there bloody and "dead". His idea was that if she thought he was dead she would realize how horrible her life would be without him. He was banking that she would be so overwhelmed with love and gratitude when she learned he wasn't dead that she'd marry him.

So after a bit of pretending to be dead he stood up and proposed. She said YES.

I would have never spoken to him for the rest of my life.

Did you hear the worst proposal ever? It was NPR this past weekend. I think it was in Australia. Not sure.

Anyway, the guy faked his death in a gruesome car accident. He did special effects so that it looked like he was a bloody mess of a corpse in the middle of car wreckage, and arranged it so that his girlfriend would unknowingly walk into the scene and see him there bloody and "dead". His idea was that if she thought he was dead she would realize how horrible her life would be without him. He was banking that she would be so overwhelmed with love and gratitude when she learned he wasn't dead that she'd marry him.

So after a bit of pretending to be dead he stood up and proposed. She said YES.

I would have never spoken to him for the rest of my life.

:001_huh: