Menu

RS B - math journal

Punchie

Ok, this might get me metaphorically burned at the stake, but... we don't.

DS doesn't like doing the math journal, so we do all "math journal" work on dry erase boards or scrap paper (if it needs to be saved for some reason). I should admit, I'm not entirely a RS purist; we supplement with math-drills.com worksheets and plenty of Scholastic math activity books. Like any other program/book/curriculum, I make RS work for us instead of the other way around.

DS doesn't like doing the math journal, so we do all "math journal" work on dry erase boards or scrap paper (if it needs to be saved for some reason). I should admit, I'm not entirely a RS purist; we supplement with math-drills.com worksheets and plenty of Scholastic math activity books. Like any other program/book/curriculum, I make RS work for us instead of the other way around.

:iagree:

I adore RS, but we do all work on the white board. I don't recall saving much, if anything, from one day to another.

:iagree: I'll get burned at the stake too!!!

I tried it when it came up in B for awhile. I gave up the first time one of the things we were instructed to write in the math journal would not fit.

We're in C. I just don't see the point of writing down all these random equations in the math journal. If I really thought we needed it I would write on regular paper, I don't like the boxes.

It's the whiteboard for us, too!