Menu

Good inexpensive 3 year old boy bday present?

Bubble machine?

Some people think it's too girlish, but my son adores playsilks and his ribbon wand. We're not even Waldorf, but he really gets into playing with those.

I don't know, I barely know what to get my son sometimes. He like sticks, dirt, water, bubbles, play dough, toy guns, and the above mentioned stuff.

Wal-Mart has a cheap plastic bow and arrow set that has been a huge hit. Nerf guns and water guns always go over well....

I don't know how his parents would feel about it, but my son LOVES this:

http://www.amazon.com/Haba-2310-Tack-Geometric-Large/dp/B0002HYEUS

It is a Haba cork board, tacks and hammer set. There are geometric shapes and they can make pictures out of them, banging away. It is like Lite Brite but for boys who want to pound things. :tongue_smilie:

A scooter? My DS just turned three -he got fire engines, duplo and a ride on digger :D Ride on toys are good for this age.

My DS also loves guns and such but I don't know if you allow that.;)

I second the t-ball idea or maybe a short basket ball hoop. My boys love those too.

Maybe a plasma car?

My son got this for his 3rd bday and adores it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0037UT3E4

That looks good! They live in an apartment in NYC, so I am wary of buying them anything that takes up too much space, or that requires a yard or outdoor space. I love the t-ball idea, but I am just not sure how much use it will get given that they have to lug it to the park to use it, kwim? Thanks!