Menu

Food to take to friend in hospital

My friend's dh is very ill, and he will probably be in the hospital several days. She is living at the hopital with her dds and extended family. I wanted to deliver a package of finger food that does not need to be refrigerated or heated. So far I have red grapes, Mini Babybel cheese and mini-muffins. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

You know that canned, processed cheese that you squeeze onto crackers? That's the most fridge free protein I know of. A can of that and a couple of boxes of really good crackers, and some oranges and bananas would be well-balanced and good.

Maybe a little bottle of vitamin pills would be welcome. It's the kind of thing you always forget to bring to the hospital and later wish that you had around.

Crackers, nuts, fruit leather, trail mix, pretzels, popcorn, water bottles. Maybe some gift cards so they can go OUT for some meals?

Also you might ask her directly. . . sometimes if a family is hanging around for a long time the nurses will take pity on them and let them use the fridge/microwave :001_smile:

Not food, but I know when my parents were in the hospital with my brother for a long time, they really appreciated magazines, a deck of cards, books, crossword puzzles, and a decent pillow. Not necessarily brand new stuff, but if you have some on hand it might be nice to add. Eases some of the boredom :)