Menu

Procrastination

I'll read it later....

:tongue_smilie:

:lol: Yes, there is the man with the book '52 Steps to Defeating Procrastination' which he's still not read.

I was a bit amazed at the teacher who hid her students unmarked books, telling them they'd been stolen :001_huh:.

Actually, I did read some of it. I like "weighing the cat"!

When I was doing my A-level revision I always knew I was getting desperate when I started washing my hairbrushes :tongue_smilie:. We didn't have a cat, although if we did I'm not sure whether weighing it would have come before or after washing my hairbrushes.

I was a bit amazed at the teacher who hid her students unmarked books, telling them they'd been stolen :001_huh:.

I agree that was awful. I totally identified with the guy who had a 2000 word essay to write. I write for money, and I do the same kinds of things. I had a client who needed a 5000 word article and gave me a month to do it. By week three they emailed me and asked for a status update. By the next morning, I'd researched everything and had an outline ready, so I was honest when I answered the email that the article was progressing nicely. 3 days before the due date, I pounded out my 5000 words and it was perfect by deadline. I was sweating though!

I agree that was awful. I totally identified with the guy who had a 2000 word essay to write. I write for money, and I do the same kinds of things. I had a client who needed a 5000 word article and gave me a month to do it. By week three they emailed me and asked for a status update. By the next morning, I'd researched everything and had an outline ready, so I was honest when I answered the email that the article was progressing nicely. 3 days before the due date, I pounded out my 5000 words and it was perfect by deadline. I was sweating though!

And I'm sure the whole time you were sweating you were vowing you'd never leave things get to that point ever again?

When I was doing my A-level revision I always knew I was getting desperate when I started washing my hairbrushes :tongue_smilie:. We didn't have a cat, although if we did I'm not sure whether weighing it would have come before or after washing my hairbrushes.

I think I have different procrastination rituals depending on what I'm trying to avoid. When school work needs to be planned or corrected, suddenly I NEED to clean the house. If the house needs cleaning...well then, school work is my number 1 priority. You'd think I'd have all the school work done and the house clean.........but, then there are the WTM Boards--the absolute, hands down best procrastination 'tool' available (apologies to the hive for name calling). :lol:

How bad is it that I think you did not procrastinate?

.......but, then there are the WTM Boards--the absolute, hands down best procrastination 'tool' available (apologies to the hive for name calling). :lol:

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing just now.

Now I feel guilty, I'd better go and do something :sad:.

And I'm sure the whole time you were sweating you were vowing you'd never leave things get to that point ever again?

absolutely.

I've finally trained my dh to give me a week's notice when he is getting ready to do our taxes. That gives me time to find all those reciepts that I haven;t gotten around to filing. (still the day of the evening when he is doing taxes is when I finally start hunting paperwork! )

(wanna know how many HUGE arguments we've had about that!)

what, should I have waited till 6 hours before deadline to get in the hall of fame of procrastinators? :)

When I read your post it looked like you finished 3 days before the deadline. But, then I realized you must have spent those 3 days on editing and finalizing your peice. Okay, (grudgingly) you can be in the hall of fame. :D

When I read your post it looked like you finished 3 days before the deadline. But, then I realized you must have spent those 3 days on editing and finalizing your peice. Okay, (grudgingly) you can be in the hall of fame. :D

yep. that's what happened.

Thanks for the invitation. I'll get around to officially accepting someday.

I thought that was the writing process. You get an assignment. Stew about it for weeks. Then crank it out the night before it's due. Always worked for me. I write better under pressure. I never procrastinate. Nope. I just function better under pressure.

I thought that was the writing process. You get an assignment. Stew about it for weeks. Then crank it out the night before it's due. Always worked for me. I write better under pressure. I never procrastinate. Nope. I just function better under pressure.

My Ds seems to be under the same impression!