Menu

Did anyone else start today?

~Anna~

Today was our first official day ever! It went smoothly, and we actually got alot accomplished, even though I've been so busy getting the new schoolroom ready that I hadn't gotten detailed plans together.

I posted about it and have pics of our new schoolroom here.

Thank you to all of the wonderful members here at the hive! Because of all the information I have gotten, I feel like I am well prepared to have a great first year!

Yup, we started today. Everything got done! (Well, except the "critical thinking" exercise for my kindergartener, which was more like playing with a fun logic puzzle. I lost the puzzle!)

I was adding things last minute--I completely forgot to put the grammar program for my third-grader in the schedule. Ditto for the phonics for my kindergartener. Ouch!

Today was our first official day ever! It went smoothly, and we actually got alot accomplished, even though I've been so busy getting the new schoolroom ready that I hadn't gotten detailed plans together.

I posted about it and have pics of our new schoolroom here.

Thank you to all of the wonderful members here at the hive! Because of all the information I have gotten, I feel like I am well prepared to have a great first year!

Your schoolroom looks great!!

This was our first day ever as well. We had a great time and ended our day with a scavenger hunt. Like you, I am really grateful for the hive! I feel empowered by this forum. So much information at our fingertips. :)

We start tomorrow with a field trip to a water park! Gotta love that PE requirement!

Sounds fun! We went to Great Wolf Lodge last week, so that was our "fun start" to the year!

And I love the green color of your schoolroom!

Thanks, I went back and forth on the color. I couldn't get the right shade of green that I wanted. But it did turn out nice, the pictures don't do it justice! It is Spring Green by Glidden.

Your schoolroom looks great!!

Thank you, it was alot of work! It used to be my DD's second room (playroom) and was a school bus yellow color, so it took some time to get it transformed into a schoolroom.

Like you, I am really grateful for the hive! I feel empowered by this forum. So much information at our fingertips. :)

ITA! So much great information and help here :)

We started back yesterday also. Welcome to Fifth Grade! ;) I felt the day went well. We worked hard, started at 9 and finished at 3:15 with a 45 minute lunch/bike ride break. We didn't get art in but we'll try again today. I better get going to make our 9am start time.:auto:

Hope everyone has a great week! We had a break in the middle of today that couldn't be helped, and I was worried that it might disrupt us, but we came back and got some more things done. So another good day! So far, so good.