Menu

does Amazon Prime give you amazing discounts??

abreakfromlife

I bought a couple of books earlier today, and they had a free month of Amazon Prime, so I signed up so I could get the quick shipping. Then a little bit ago, dh pre-ordered the Madden game, which gave him $15 to Amazon, and I realized we have enough Speedy Rewards points to get a $50 Amazon gift card. So I started loading up the shopping cart with books I still needed to get....and I see this: attachment.php?attachmentid=10108&stc=1&d=1346035652 :001_huh: (woah, sorry that's a huge pic!)

Is it that price for everyone? Is it just that price b/c I have Prime??? Whatever it is, it's amazing. I ran up to the gas station at 10:30 at night to get my gift card in case that price is gone tomorrow :D (sorry Susan!!) But if that's the case.....well now I understand why some people get Prime!

post-3389-13535087423709_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's the price for everyone. The items labeled with the Prime logo simply identify what items are eligible to ship for "free" with Prime shipping. There are a lot of things sold on Amazon through third-party sellers. Many of these are not Prime-eligible. They will not have the logo next them. Even as a Prime member, you would have to paid whatever the shipping is for these items.

Amazon's prices fluctuate greatly. Sometimes, an item will drop to a ridiculously low price. After so many people but it at that price, the price shoots back up. Shopping during Christmas is a lot fun. They have many special prices that beat the pants off of competitors. Prices can literally go from high to super cheap to high within a matter of minutes, dare I say seconds. If you see something you want CHEAP, you had better grab it.

Just wanted to add that the "Free book to borrow and movies" are only for the main prime account holder. You can share prime with other members of your household so I "shared" it with my dh and although this allows him to get the special prime shipping benefits it doesn't allow him to get the free book a month or movies.

I shop quite a bit on Amazon, in part because I am a prime member, and sometimes the prices just go very low. It could be the publisher is trying to dump that book for a new edition etc.

I have had prime for years and love it! It is worth every penny to me. I love how I can order a birthday present for a friend's kid and it will just show up a couple days later. Much easier for me than running to Target or something. The free shipping makes all the difference.

I have had prime for years and love it! It is worth every penny to me. I love how I can order a birthday present for a friend's kid and it will just show up a couple days later. Much easier for me than running to Target or something. The free shipping makes all the difference.

Ditto! I can't imagine my life without Prime. I do wish I could share the Prime Kindle benefits with my family, though. Both my sons have Kindles now and I'd love for them to be able to get a free book each month. That would be a big improvement to prime, IMO.

I have a Prime Membership. I found there were more deals last year then this year. I even got a book for $0.50 once but for the last five or six months Prime books are almost always $3.99 or more. They started making many of their lower priced office supply items "add-on" items which means you can only order then with a $25 purchase. To me this defeats the purchase of prime. There are some dry eraser crayons I want to buy but can only do with a $25 order. The kid video selection is not very big. I hate the 1-click buying that they do with videos. It is really easy to accidentally click purchase when scrolling down. Then you have to contact customer service and ask for a refund which can be a hassle. It actually happened to me today and they gave me a spiel about instant videos not being refundable but they'd make an exception this once. I am really considering not renewing our membership.