Menu

Have you ever posted about...

This thread reminds me that this morning I was watching the end of a Biography episode waiting for the next episode to start. This one happened to be about Mike Tyson and at the end they posted a little "this is what has happened since this aired" bit. It was just a typed message you were suppose to read and it said...

On September 24, 2007, Mike Tyson pleaded guilty to possession of narcotics and driving under the influence. He was sentenced to 24 hours in jail, 360 hours community service, and three years probation.

Shouldn't that say he pled guilty?

This has ALWAYS made me crazy! I've seen it so many times that I finally just decided that I was the one who was wrong. :lol:

Hopefully someone will come along to clarify!

No, because it's impossible to make a snooty post about grammar or spelling without making an error in that very post. Many have tried. All have failed.

It's fate.

:iagree::iagree::iagree: and I don't care a bit about

comma errors or

apostrophe errors or

homophone errors or

stupid, silly autocorrect errors or

anything that results from typing too fast or

anything that results from typing while multi-tasking or

anything that results from conversational typing.

Whew, I am so glad that I don't wear the leotard that says Captain English.

Butt...

their iz won word that cauzes me two :001_rolleyes: whin its mispeled hear. I swear I am not putting on the Captain English leotard! It is only odd to me because of the type of board.

Mandy

Butt...

their iz won word that cauzes me two :001_rolleyes: whin its mispeled hear. I swear I am not putting on the Captain English leotard! It is only odd to me because of the type of board.

Mandy

Well, now you've got us all curious. You might even get PMs like I did when I first started the thread (which I thought would be nothing but a blip on the WTm forums).

I write well, and my content, organization, and style are excellent.

When I publish, I will hire someone(s) to proofread.

I don't correct here, although there are some errors I am more inclined to catch.

Some, I am inclined to make, repeatedly.

I don't kill many kittens, though.