Menu

Thinking skills book for 1st grade boy

Prairie Dawn

Thinkfun games are obviously not books but they are done individually. Both my dc's enjoy them and have learned from playing them. River crossing is a favorite.

They have also enjoyed perplexors. Which are books.

We have Lollipop Logic which he likes but the puzzles are quick to do. I laminated all the pages so he can do them over and over and so can his brothers.

I've also printed some things off from this site: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/math/logic/puzzles/

I'd love to find some new books for him so I'm very interested to see the replies

:bigear:

I'm definitely going to look at the Perplexors book.

eta: I just went and looked at River Crossing... that's definitely going on our wish list! We have Traffic Jam (also by ThinkFun) and my boys love that game. Even my 3yo plays with it, he simply likes to line up the cars like on the picture, he doesn't try to get them out yet. My 4yo likes me to read the solution and he follows along to get the cars out.

Edited by SewingMom2many

Thank you!! Great ideas! I've already printed some worksheets to use today (didn't even think about looking for printable puzzles - thanks!).

Those who recommended Lollipop Logic, is there a difference in difficulty level between book 1, 2, and 3? I like the samples I've looked at, but couldn't tell if the skill level increased book to book.