Menu

Box Day!!

KristenR

Wooo hooo!!! My last {maybe} impulse purchases have been delivered by Rainbow Resource and Educational Insights. I LOVE getting boxes!! Some days I feel like I could kiss my delivery guy.

I bought a few of the next levels to things like Singapore and All About Spelling but I also picked up a bunch of "fun extras" to surprise my girls with on the first day.

I plan on adding the extras into the girls Back to School schultütes. I got the idea to add this fun tradition into our new year routine from some members on this forum. You can see a picture of a schultüte here.

What fun/educational things have you had delivered recently? Share the excitement!

2ymac28.jpg

xqjol1.jpg

When we were just starting out homeschooling, I used to buy an all in one box curriculum. When it came I would wrap it up with wrapping paper. Then the first day of school the girls would each open their new school curriculum. They loved it!

AL

When we were just starting out homeschooling, I used to buy an all in one box curriculum. When it came I would wrap it up with wrapping paper. Then the first day of school the girls would each open their new school curriculum. They loved it!

AL

Oh! Gift wrapping! Why didn't I think of that!??!?!

Just arrived:

10 Days in the USA (game for geography)

World Geopuzzle

Set of 5 Continents Geopuzzles

A couple of books of graph art.

I opened them with the girls and hid the booty in the back room. When Loverboy took out the trash, he asked, "What is all the packing paper from???"

.....busted.....

"Uh, just a few more things for school......."

Box day is so fun! Wow you guys have great ideas esp. wrapping up the curriculum for the children. I think I enjoy box day more than the kids. Perhaps because my box days happen over a period of time there is never much that comes in one shipment.

I opened them with the girls and hid the booty in the back room. When Loverboy took out the trash, he asked, "What is all the packing paper from???"

.....busted.....

LOL!! I know that feeling!

.....busted.....

I'm totally laughing out loud right now. Was this quickly followed by a, "I'm really done now!! Thank goodness!" ((for 2 weeks anyway)) :lol:

I am just getting to know "hive mind", but love that you shared photos!

I try to share my excitement about these sorts of homeschooling things with my friends in real life, but sadly, although supportive, they just don't get why I do a jig whenever my delivery guy comes knocking.

I try to share my excitement about these sorts of homeschooling things with my friends in real life, but sadly, although supportive, they just don't get why I do a jig whenever my delivery guy comes knocking.

:iagree: Even my husband doesn't get it:(