Menu

Ellen McHenry's Cells & The Brain

Staceyshoe

I'm leaning heavily toward doing these two programs this year. We did McHenry's The Elements and Carbon Chemistry last year, and it was a hit. I love the depth of content and kid-friendly approach. If we liked her other programs, will we enjoy these as well? I don't hear much about Cells or The Brain, and they don't seem as popular. Experiences?

• 1 month later...

We're almost finished with Cells (a 10 & 11 yr old) and have loved it! What I thought was going to last about 3 weeks, has taken more like 9 weeks with all of the crafts and games and videos. The kids responded really well to it and I've learned so much too... I can't wait to do more Ellen McHenry stuff!

It's great to hear good reviews of the other science topics. I knew The Elements was well liked, but had not heard as much about the others. Also very curious about Mapping the World with Art. :)

So do you buy the digital downloads on these? I know there are some programs that I really love to have on PDF and others that I like to have an actual book. I haven't seen these in person, so I am not entirely sure which I would prefer. It's always nice to spend less money and have it almost immediately, but it is expensive to print in color...so I'm not sure. Most of these science units are 3 hole punched and ready for a binder, is that right?

I'll have to try one out next year for my son. :)

It's great to hear good reviews of the other science topics. I knew The Elements was well liked, but had not heard as much about the others. Also very curious about Mapping the World with Art. :)

So do you buy the digital downloads on these? I know there are some programs that I really love to have on PDF and others that I like to have an actual book. I haven't seen these in person, so I am not entirely sure which I would prefer. It's always nice to spend less money and have it almost immediately, but it is expensive to print in color...so I'm not sure. Most of these science units are 3 hole punched and ready for a binder, is that right?

I'll have to try one out next year for my son. :)

We are using the CDs and correlate them with history. DD really enjoys them!