Menu

Talk to me about broken ankles

I fractured my ankle and have been non weight bearing and in a boot for 17 weeks.

The ankle still isn't healed but dr said it was far enough along she wanted me off the crutches.

I'm in mega pain now. Some in my ankle where the fracture is but it's more than that. The whole foot, ankle, toes, leg... everything hurts. Aches, throbs, pounds...

BUT I haven't walked on it for 17 weeks so this is probably normal right? She said I'll be in the boot another 6 weeks at least.

Dr didn't say to but I'm still using a knee scooter for times I need to walk a lot. I'm not ready to walk in the grocery store. I have probably walked more than I realize though. I've been enjoying having more ability to clean house. I probably should be resting it more and easing into walking again.

Any thoughts?

I start using the crutches and bearing only the weight of your leg. Build up stamina before adding more weight.

(I am not a physical therapist and don't play one on TV, but I've seen this done before by real PTs.)

:lol::lol::lol:

I was in a cast and non weight bearing for 12 weeks. Then in an air/cast for 6 weeks. somewhere in there I had PT.......i did alot of walking in a pool.....and I had a couple of sessions of OMT with a D.O. And i used ice -- alot.

I start using the crutches and bearing only the weight of your leg. Build up stamina before adding more weight.

(I am not a physical therapist and don't play one on TV, but I've seen this done before by real PTs.)

I could do that with the crutches for a bit. I was happy to have them done because I have a neck/shoulder injury that makes the crutches extra difficult but might be worth putting up with them a bit longer.

I was in a cast and non weight bearing for 12 weeks. Then in an air/cast for 6 weeks. somewhere in there I had PT.......i did alot of walking in a pool.....and I had a couple of sessions of OMT with a D.O. And i used ice -- alot.

Good to know, thanks.