Menu

LLATL Question

fork29

I used yellow, and then started orange. I thought they were kind of teacher intensive. There were a lot of "projects", especially with the orange level. There were assignments to make a time capsule, write to someone in the government, make a newspaper, stuff like that. It just depends on whether you want a more interesting program like this or not. I want something more open and go, and simple.

Have you looked at samples at Common Sense Press? That might help you get a better grasp on it, although it's hard to really tell until you use something ;).

I have and am about to begin the red book with my daughter. I have looked at the lessons and I just don't get it. It's looks pretty easy and open and go to me. Maybe because I know I have to sit with my daughter the whole time anyway to get her to do her work? I don't know. I was just wondering if there was something about it down the road that I was missing.

I have and am about to begin the red book with my daughter. I have looked at the lessons and I just don't get it. It's looks pretty easy and open and go to me. Maybe because I know I have to sit with my daughter the whole time anyway to get her to do her work? I don't know. I was just wondering if there was something about it down the road that I was missing.

It will require some of your time, but I don't think it is stressful. I do understand some moms have several children they are going between and don't need to have to sit in one spot with one child for very long, but for those that are not spread too thin the Red level is not too time consuming. My dd, even at 7, is not able to do a lot of cutting and there is quite a bit of that. Word wheels, sequencing cards (pictures and sentences), phonics cards, booklets, etc. I personally don't see this as a problem, but I can see where some would view it as teacher intensive. There are also craft projects made with shoe boxes. We skip these as we don't have the space for all of that.