Menu

How long???

Probably 3-4 days. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

ETA: consider getting everyone on probiotics, permanently. They are supposed to prevent/mitigate this kind of thing. It's done a lot for my peace of mind. We use Culturelle.

Edited by Amy in TX

If you are not the one that is sick, disinfect like a maniac and you might be able to stop it. Clean door knobs, light switches, doors, and the toilet every time after some one is sick. Wash sheets and towels. And make everyone wash their hands. I also designate a "sick bathroom" for anyone sick to use, and well bathrooms, that helps too.

Probably 3-4 days. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

ETA: consider getting everyone on probiotics, permanently. They are supposed to prevent/mitigate this kind of thing. It's done a lot for my peace of mind. We use Culturelle.

is this what you use? Culturelle Kids! Chewables Probiotic Natural Bursting Berry -- 30 Tablets - Vitacost these are expensive. Are there any cheaper ones? I have 3 kids...that would be $60 a month....

what might be very helpful for us, is that nobody got sick in our home....my kids got sick at grandmas and we have since left...does that make a difference??

I was thinking about you earlier today. Did everyone make it home okay?

Stomach viruses have an incubation period of 48 hours. So as long as the laundry and 'stuff' that you brought from grandmas is clean, then you should be safe there. You shouldn't pick anything up now. However, it is possible that it's still incubating in someones systems from before leaving grandma's house.

After you reach 48 hours since departing Grandma's house, and there were no further instances of illness, then I would breath a little easier.

:grouphug:

How many days need to go by after a person in your family stops throwing up are you comforatable that someone else won't get sick? Right now, we are at about 3 days...what is your gauge??

Two days. At worst, I would figure Person A is contagious for 24 more hours. If Person B catches it, they will start throwing up within the next 24 hours.

I think you're safe!

is this what you use? Culturelle Kids! Chewables Probiotic Natural Bursting Berry -- 30 Tablets - Vitacost these are expensive. Are there any cheaper ones? I have 3 kids...that would be $60 a month....

It is expensive, I know. The cheapest I can find is $18/box at Target. I use it because it's the best studied that I'm aware of, and has been shown to survive the stomach acid & make it to the intestinal tract, where it needs to be. It cured my dd's chronic stomach pain. Oh, and recently my dh and sons attended a wedding, after which everyone, including dh, got diarrhea from the food. Out of all the guests, only my sons did not--they take Culturelle every day. I've heard other stories of people who take Culturelle avoiding food poisoning. (I'm not sure whether it works against viral infections, but it clearly has some effect on the gut.)

It's very possible that other brands are as effective; I just don't know which are and which are not. You could certainly try some others, or do some research; it's been a while since I've done the reading.

I hope you find something effective!

ETA: I use the adult version; it has more live cultures and is cheaper than the kids' version. It comes in capsules, which you can open and eat the powder.