Menu

ARGH! Cell phone rant ahead

I have just gone through almost 3 weeks of horrible service from Sprint due to their "upgrading" the towers.

I am finally, after about 10 full hours over the course of many days, able to get out of my contract without the early termination fee.

Meanwhile, I purchased a Tmobile prepaid for my mother. I set it up for her and shipped it off from North Carolina to Arizona for her use.

I tried to log on to see about giving her more minutes.....NOPE, they want me to reset the password and will ONLY text it to the device. I called in. They won't give it to me any other way.

She is 81 and can't read the text because she can't FIND it. "Oh, I don't know, this phone is so complicated. I don't see anything."

Just so you know, it is the SIMPLEST phone Tmobile sells.....flip phone with no real added features. But, she is 81 and has never had her own cell before.

Now I am stuck. I cannot get her to read the text because she can't find it and I can't get more minutes for her phone because I can't log on without that text.

They live in a retirement center.....I highly doubt any of their friends can help.

JUST A VENT!!!!!!!!

Tell your mom to persist. It took me HOURS on the phone but it finally worked.

They sent me TWO of their Airave devices and neither would work. Turns out it isn't compatible with Apple routers? I don't know, that is what they finally concluded. That was when they finally offered to let me out IF I returned the phones.

Dawn

My mom is having the same problem with sprint. I'm glad you got out of the early termination fee.

No, they have their own house on the property. They might be able to find someone at some point, but they don't interact with them daily. They don't eat in their dining hall regularly or go over to the main building often.

It isn't assisted living, although they do offer that in the main building. They so far have been able to live on their own but in the retirement "village" as they call it.

Dawn

I'm guessing that by "retirement center" you mean assisted living, right? Could one of the younger employees help her out in finding the text? (groundskeeper or office manager, maybe?)
Edited by DawnM

Ok, Dad finally got it. I was on the phone with him and had Tmobile send it again and made him look at the screen when it popped up.

Whew! I can now load the minutes.

He also told m the screen goes dark too quickly. I am sure there is a setting, but I have no idea how to tell them over the phone.

Ok, Dad finally got it. I was on the phone with him and had Tmobile send it again and made him look at the screen when it popped up.

Whew! I can now load the minutes.

He also told m the screen goes dark too quickly. I am sure there is a setting, but I have no idea how to tell them over the phone.

Glad he got it! Hmmm...Is there any way you can access the owner's manual or FAQ page about that model online? That way you might be able to talk your dad through changing the energy saver settings.

Bless your heart! (And I mean that in a sweet way, not a southern way;)) You have had the darndest time getting this phone set up for your parents! Hope you get it all straightened out soon!

eta:Whoops! Quirky beat me to it!

You might have him take it to the fire station and ask if someone there will help him. There are some really good hearted firemen/women and it is someone you could trust to not just run off with the phone. You could have the person helping him call you if you need to give them some instructions.

You could also see if there is a Tmobil store in your area, they may be willing to help.