Menu

Noel Streatfield "Shoes" series, does it matter in which order they are read?

Ghee

DD has started Dancing Shoes. She loves it and asked for more, however no one has any listed over on paperbackswap and our library doesn't have them. We are going book broke here, but I'll pony up and buy them a couple at a time if she really likes them. My question is, since they are sort of hard to find here (I picked that one up at Half Price Books when we were in a larger city for vacation), do I need to specifically be looking for Tennis Shoes since it was written next? I'm unclear on whether these books actually build on each other or if they are just of similar theme and can be read in any order.

Erm there are a few that should be read in order, but I think it is only 2 or 3. Unfortunately some of the ones I have have fallen apart so I can't check them out (poor books), I'll try to look it up though and see if I remember which ones should be read after which other ones.

Theater Shoes should be read after Ballet Shoes. Just because characters from Ballet are mentioned in Theater. Apparently Movie Shoes should also be read after Ballet Shoes, but I don't remember having that one, so I'm just basing it off the basic reviews I found online.

The rest are stand alone, and if you read the others out of order it isn't a big deal, you just recognize the mention of characters if you read Ballet before Theater.

I also really enjoyed her Gemma series as well.

I really don't think the mention of characters is a big deal either, if you read one of the later books where the Fossils are (extremely) side characters first, then you'd read Ballet Shoes and be like 'Oh that's where the Fossils came from!'

I love all of these books btw, but I think I read travelling shoes the most.